Steyr Club Forums banner
3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  IrieRider 
#1 ·
ive been wearing my M and MA1's here in florida for years. For the first time i noticed that the sweat had gotten into my mag release and caused issues with rust and malfunctions of the release. I am left side carry, so the right side of the pistol was against my body. In particular it was the ma1 that had the issue. I was bummed that this happened and decided that theGen2 G17 was going to take over until the summer season ended. The glock has never let me down and i like the gen2's better then the three's. If i got a gen4 id grind off the finger grooves. i like the 4's new extended beavertail backstrap, bout time glock woke up on that design change.

#2 ·
I have the same issue with mine, it's got some bad rust damage. I clean it as much as I can, but it seems that it will have to get cerakoted to solve the problem. Have yet to do it, but seems to be the only option I have come up with.

#4 ·
I just called up Steyr Arms and forgot who I talked with, but when I relayed the issue, they sent me a free mag release button.
Once I get the time, I'll send the pistol to get Cerakoted with the new part. Should solve the problem.

#5 ·
I just called up Steyr Arms and forgot who I talked with, but when I relayed the issue, they sent me a free mag release button.
Once I get the time, I'll send the pistol to get Cerakoted with the new part. Should solve the problem.
sounds like I may be doing that too

#6 ·
I had the same problem with my kimber SS. Try these things that helped me.
1. wear a wifebeater tucked in or a under shirt to separate yourself.
2. leather holster with sweat shield
3. use frog lube for a base layer, then use a light coat of oil
4. never ever store it in the holster when you take it off
those things made my issues go away

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.