Support Our Troops

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Netfotoj, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Got this in an email today. Hope it's true. Our troops deserve a lot better from the "home front" than they got when they came home from "my war" back in the '60s and '70s. I for one am hoping for a better outcome, too.

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Excellent, and Inspiring post.....

...I hope it is not 'overlooked' those here at SteyrClub....

Thanks, Netfoto...

3. socofn

socofn New Member

GOD BLESS and keep all those young men and women selflessly serving our country. JP

4. 73sbVert

73sbVert Member

I travel a LOT for my job and spend plenty of time in various airports. Inevitably, I almost always run into a SSAM coming or going to the sandbox, and I buy them a beer every time! I figure it's the least I can do right now! Although I'm retired Navy, and still young enough to do a tour or 2 over there, they won't accept me because of my VA disability status. Plus, I feel that I'm contributing anyway, the gun systems that I am testing are all over Iraq protecting the various camps from rocket and mortar attacks (so far, 50 for 50 successful engagements!)

The Army just bought some more, and I'll be running THEM through the ringer next year as well!

Good post, and I wish that occurs more often than can be posted!

:cheers:
    Paul

5. West01

West01 New Member

Great post NetfotoJ. A positive and refreshing story about people that understand what is important......in a time were the media are saturating us us with negative B*S*...

Thanks! (I needed this).

:D

West01

6. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

Probably not true, but a good message to it none the less. It's always nice to see those folks leaving the airport. :)

7. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I hope it is actually true.