Stumper Again..........

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Shooter, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Well, I couldn't resist the temptation of having a new styled MA-1 (m1-a?) and called the local ffl that i thought was going to make this easy. When I mentioned cdnn he got mifted and said I was looking at a dealer catalogue........ :shock: He wanted to charge me a percentage........... :? "but your add says $20. tranfer fee"
    .............Wish I lived in Houston............... :roll: Think I'll call my brother in Texas and have him stash one away for me till i visit.................. :wink:

2. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor New Member

Sound like you need to find a new ffl guy. I always order from CDNN, they ship it to my local gunshop, 35 bucks later it's mine. :)

3. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

I called CDNN and I paid for mine 2 weeks ago. My FFL guy was unable to send a legible copy of his license with his fax. I asked what was up and he said he was going to send a copy snail mail. Still days went by called CDNN to get there side of the story and I was told if I could send a email they would ship so I did. To late for Fridays mail tho and here I sit and wait :cry:

There are only 2 FFL's near here. The last one I was told that his address was wrong and they did not want to ship to him. This time I gave the other a try. Next time I may get my own FFL :wink:

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Probably hate CDNN because they undersell the dealer on guns they do stock.

5. tlrpunk

tlrpunk New Member

I just ordered 3 M40-A1's from CDNN through a dealer who only charges $10 per gun transfer. Seems like the perfect deal: 3 Steyrs @ $339 ea + $12.99 shipping + $10 ea FFL fee = $353 otd

We'll see how well it goes (fingers crossed).

6. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I understand the frustration of the local ffl guy, but this isn't a real gun shop, its a fishing store. It isn't his main business at all..........I know my brother in Texas has a friend who works in a gun store and can probably get it in for ten or twenty bucks. I just won't be able to enjoy it for a while.....but I love Steyrs and this price is so low even three isn't enough.... :lol:

7. Dobry

Dobry Guest

The ffl here that I use, well, one of the underguys was miffed that I bought a Steyr thru CDNN, and gave me a bit of heck not buying a Glock from the shop ("Glocks are what we all personally carry, here in the shop, and Steyr is nowhere near good as a Glock", blah, blah, blah)... but no problem at all when the Steyr came in... the shop owner thought it was great, $35 ffl transfer fee with us both smiling, and that was that!

And FWIW, my Steyr fits me better and I shoot far better with it than I ever did with a Glock. :wink:

8. steyrile

steyrile Member

Thought I had it bad driving 60 miles round trip to my ffl. He only charges $20 and never complains. Likes to talk guns and the odd-ball crap I buy sometimes leaves him scratching his head.
    Your boy may be in the wrong business!
    Health, Peace
    steyrile

9. SELFDEFENSE

tlr:
    $10 FFL fee :shock: $35-60 around here

10. tlrpunk

tlrpunk New Member

Yeah, I was shocked. I remember talking to him a few years ago at the local shooting range. After getting quotes like $35 from Gander Mtn and %15 from some of the local gun stores I decided to take a shot in the dark. I called the range and he was still working there!!! Best deal going as far as I can tell...

I'll be sure when I'm actually holding my Steyr...

11. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

FFL fee??? WTF??? :shock:

I just bring Cole a case o' Corona, all-iced-down-like with a half dozen limes all wedged up...an' we close up 'is shop an' go out an shoot the piss outta the new acquisition!!! :twisted:

Wulf <-- loves small mountain communities :)

12. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

13. heavymetalmachine

Yup and most of the FFl's close by are out of state. Or they wont do transfers because they want you to buy there stuff!!
    I am a big RIA fan the closest FFL other than the 2 I spoke of sells the GI for $450 + tax + transfer. I can get it online from Phill in Nashville for $350 shipped. They just wont do it..Phil will do transfers for me but Nashville is 2.5 hours from me..

Besides it will be a good reason for me to get my FFL..

14. heavymetalmachine

I do as well. Except for the times when folks don't know how to use a fax or email :shock:

Slows things down a bit :lol:

I come from MA to TN. I have learned I have to wait but it is now into the third week for something that could have been done over night..

15. Dobry

Dobry Guest

I like Wulff's approach... I'm going to try this out with Jeff up here and see if he likes it. :lol:
    It's much more civilized and friendly. :wink:

16. alex

alex Guest

You guys all have it cheap. My local FFL dealer who also owns a gun shop charges $100 for a transfer of a new gun and $70 for a private party used gun sale. His rationale was that when he transfers a new gun shipped into California he has to treat that as if he sells me the gun. He has to make a profit and state licence fee. Unfortunately there are not many FFL in my area due to the gun control restriction.
    Shooting sport is my favorite hobby and moving out of California to a gun friendly state has crossed my mind many times.

17. SELFDEFENSE

I thought $50 around here was bad :eek:

18. heavymetalmachine

Got my pistol today :D :D

My FFL guy told me around 2 that it came in first thing this morning.

Anyway $25 later the 3 week wait is over 8)

19. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Tough crowd.
    I'd go ahead, get the license, and put my name on those lists touting $10 transfers.
    You'll make a killing.

20. madecov

madecov Active Member

Trust me, you don't make a killing

$30-50.00 a week. Folks calling and wanting you to track the gun for them. Wanting you to do transfers at all odd hours.

I enjoy it and try to be competitive on other weapons for an occasional sale.