Stryr M9 help

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by richiequan, Sep 5, 2007.

1. richiequan

richiequan New Member

Hey guys,

first post, wanted to know how reliable the M9 is, compared to glock. What you guys think about the M9, advantages and disadvantages???

2. jmlpa

jmlpa Guest

I like mine

My reading has shown it is reliable as long as you feed it good ammo, no cheap stuff from Russia. I have mine only a week and I love it. It shot well for me.

3. NicoX

NicoX New Member

read more the forum and you will answer the question..

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Average reliability is probably a bit better with Glocks, but the only reliability that counts is the reliability of the particular Steyr, Glock, or whatever you are carrying. I CCWed Glock 19, 26, 17L, and 21 and now carry my $300 M9.
    Every other aspect of gun design I give the edge to Steyr over Glock.

5. nuj

nuj New Member

hi richiequan,
    in order for your handgun to function flawlessly, you have to always keep it clean and feed it good ammo

6. steveinaz

steveinaz Guest

The 3 "M"'s I owned in the past were always 100% reliable.

As far as comparing with a Glock; the build on the Steyr will impress you immediately (at least it impresses me). It just looks far better built. The grip is more shaped to the hand, with a better feel. I like the Steyr sight set-up as well, and have never felt the need to replace them. The size of an "M" falls somewhere between a Glock 17 and a Glock 19. I think the Steyr trigger is far and away better than a stock Glock. Glock's usually need some polishing and 3.5lb connector to come anywhere near a Steyr trigger.

I've owned Glocks since 1987 (Still have 2), so the above is as unbiased as can be.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I've had no issues with my M9 since it's first 150 rounds, it's well over a thousand now.
    It works like the Glocks, just tighter.

8. briang2ad

briang2ad New Member

Exactly what is tighter than a Glock? Also, is it the same accuracy wise?

9. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

By tighter, he means that glocks are made to more loose specs/tolerances. That is a major part of the reason why glocks are so unstoppable - the same principle largely applies to AKs. As a general rule (and there are exceptions), the tighter the tolerances, the more accurate and less reliable a weapon system will be. This doesn't mean that a pistol made to tight tolerances will be a jam-o-matic, but it's a safe bet it wouldn't be able to roll around in the mud/sand like a loose pistol and still function. On average, I think most of our members who own both report the Steyr to be more comfortable to shoot/more accurate and report the glocks to have a slight edge over the Steyrs in the reliability department. Again, this is not always the case... many members have Steyrs with thousands upon thousands of rounds downrange and zero malfunctions.

10. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Syntax,

You are correct!!!!!

:p :p :p

Someone give Syn a cookie!!!!

:wink: :wink: