Sticky Trigger? Where'd you go?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Guest, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

What happened to the thread?? I found a thread on Sticky Triggers, but after some problems with my registration IT"S GONE????
    Hi, New here. On the subject of the "Sticky Trigger" Are you experiencing a slide lock-up with this? I took my newly acquired S-40 out yesterday and it jammed twice. The first ten went great. I bought it as a carry weapon so this won't do.
    It fed the round but wouldn't fire(sticky trigger) but it also wouldn't release the slide to clear the chamber. Even after I dropped the mag it took several minutes of fiddling to get it open. After the second hang-up I gave up. I like the firearm but if this is what I have to contend with... that Taurus PT111 is looking better.

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Don't give up too fast on your Steyr...its a great little firearm. You'll be getting some good ideas, I'm sure. I've never had the problem so I can't help on this one.....get some good self D ammo the pistol will like and a good break-in period....... 8)

3. madecov

madecov Active Member

Make sure the firing pin channel is clean and gry. Just like a Glock, you don't want to lubricate the firing pin.

You can see the spring through the slide. If you oiled it that could be part of the problem.

4. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

the sticky on trigger reset seems to have disappeared. i sent deluxe247 some tutorials all about the trigger mechanism which i hope to be a little more inclusive and detailed. i guess he has removed the sticky and the tutorials will be up soon. i was so proud that there wasn't a single post about trigger reset problems after the sticky went up.

an s40 is a great carry gun. mine functions flawlessly. yours will too once the tutorials are up. i'm no tech wizz and had trouble with the picture formatting. i think (hope) deluxe is straightening it out. (sorry deluxe)

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks BigTaco. I searched back through my history from yesterday and found the thread. 8)
    When I registered, we were in the process of going from a dial-up to satellite. Our e-mail changed and I never completed the registration. It took me about 15 minutes to get re-registered and by that time the thread was GONE! I knew I wasn't dreaming, it had to be there somewhere. It seemed to have the answers I needed. I started pulling out my remaining hair!
    If you have more detailed stuff, let me know. Psst. Do you know of anyone that wants to get rid of a couple of S40 mags?? I have a total of one. Thanks!!

6. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

the only thing going for s40 mags right now is to buy m40 ten rounders and m9 standard caps. put the m9 standard capacity mag base plates on the m40 ten rounders for an s40 mag. that's kind of expensive though. hopefully you will be able to buy just the base plates when steyr gets parts.

you can also just use m40 mags. i used them for a long time for idpa. they work fine, just stick out the bottom 1/2". then you'll be ready to go when the base plates become available again. if you"re going to carry, a 12 rounder m40 mag makes a great spare mag.

7. madecov

madecov Active Member

I saw 2 S40 magazines on Ebay yesterday.
    Just search "Steyr" on ebay.

8. Deluxe247

Deluxe247 Supporting Member