Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found this pic online and contacted the custom shop that did the work. they say the new holosun optics designed for subcompacts, i think they are the 407k/507k line, are a good fit for the Steyr pistols. they are small enough to work without interfering with any crucial areas of the slide. they also have a rudimentary rear sight notch. that means, theoretically, you could add an XD/Sig tall front sight and actually have working back up sights. i am very tempted to send in a pistol for milling. their prices seem very good also. anyone have any experience with high caliber customs? they are based in VA, i believe. this is a very tempting upgrade in my mind. i love the optics on my berettas.

liontribe

·
Super Moderator
282 Posts
He retired, otherwise I would have gotten the A2 done. I asked him if he would have a chance before he retired but he wasn’t able to do it. He also wasn’t able to find anyone to take over the businesses/ shop. It was mark at L&M precision

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i wondered if it was L&M. was hoping you might have found yet another custom shop to chose from. i have found that very few are willing to tackle the old Steyr blasters. i am glad to hear you are still liking the work you had done. i have several optic guns, but would just love to have an optic on a Steyr. think i might take the plunge with high caliber customs. i will make sure to post up pics when all the work is done.

liontribe

·
Super Moderator
282 Posts
Wright armory in Arizona will do it, but they haven’t done one before. I was going to drop off my A1 that is milled and my A2 to be milled but I was waiting on the acro 2 to drop to see if I want to go that route or the rmr, but if another shop has done it I would prefer to go that route.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts