SteyrClub Mobile App for iOS Released!

Discussion in 'Forum News and Rules' started by SteyrAdmin, Jan 6, 2014.

1. SteyrAdmin

SteyrAdmin New Member

2. manChild_762

manChild_762 New Member

Re: SteryClub Mobile App for iOS Released!

Installed app on my 5s. Crashed the first 5 min, but since then it's been running fine. It's a nice app.

3. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Mine crashed the first few times also... 4S 6.0

4. SteyrAdmin

SteyrAdmin New Member

Do either of you have updates due?

5. crackerbob813

crackerbob813 New Member

The new iOS app has crashed on me numerous times. My software is up to date (7.0.4) but it still crashes about every time I open it. Techies need to do some refining on this one.

6. SteyrAdmin

SteyrAdmin New Member

Can you please uninstall then re install and let me know if the issue persist?

7. crackerbob813

crackerbob813 New Member

Will do sir

8. crackerbob813

crackerbob813 New Member

Hey boss. Unfortunately the verdict is still continuous crashing. I really like the setup of the app so hopefully the issues can be resolved in the near future. Thanks for staying on top of things bud.

9. SteyrAdmin

SteyrAdmin New Member

That's what I'm hear for! I'm following up with tech support now.

Is everyone having issues with crashing?

10. Metal Bird

Metal Bird Member

Yeah. I just posted in another thread asking if this forum has been removed from the main Tapatalk app because I can not find it now after their update, even tho I just used it to access this forum last week?
    As mentioned in that post, I would rather not have to use a separate app to view this club, but I did just download it and it does keep crashing on me.
    Poking around for like 5 minutes it crashed almost every time I would try to open a thread, I could navigate the menus but once I wanted to get to the meat of a discussion it would immediately crash. Half the time when I would reopen the app it would act like it was my first time in offering me the tutorial splash screen.
    Just reporting what I am experiencing with the Steyr App, but would still like to know if I can still log into this forum with the main Tapatalk app and if so why I can not find it?
    Thanks

11. SteyrAdmin

SteyrAdmin New Member

We are only a branded app. That means you have to download the app.

You say it's crashing?

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled? That's the first step in diagnosing the issue.

12. Metal Bird

Metal Bird Member

I can not say I like that then … prefer to have it back in Tapatalk, which it was for me even after the separate Steyr Forum app came out, I only lost it after the recent Tapatalk update.

OK, get this then … I received notification of this response of yours on my phone thru the Tapatalk App, not the Steyr Club App. When I tap on the notification it opens the Tapatalk app and brings me to the home forums screen because it does not have Steyr in it any more to go to. So Tapatalk still wants to have Steyr Club in it! hint, hint :)

Yes it crashes for me probably 80% of the time when I try to open a thread, 100% of the time on certain threads (like this one it will not let me see). I deleted the app and downloaded and installed fresh again after a complete restart off the phone too, did that yesterday with no change.
    After the Tapatalk app notified me of the response I went to the Steyr app to try to view it, after 4 attempts with it crashing I am now on the computer to type this. And now as I typed this I deleted and reinstalled again with no change.

If I need to continue to use it in the stand alone app can you add Themes to the settings? I prefer the light text on dark background, easier on the eyes, just like this website.
    But if it keeps crashing, no matter.

Thanks
    Sean

13. Metal Bird

Metal Bird Member

SEE - Tapatalk still wants the Steyr Club Forum ;)

[​IMG]

14. SteyrAdmin

SteyrAdmin New Member

I'm following up with Tech Support about the issues.

Thanks for your patience and understanding guys!