Steyr vs Glock...And the winner is........

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Shooter, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Well........I started the competition with my Glock 35 and was winning easily on the flip plates....then diseaster struck and the lock block/slide lock pin worked its way out almost all the way, so I lost my slide lock/empty mag function.... :cry: My girlfriend handed me her HK 2000 9mm........and I couldn't get the site picture/trigger pull down......went down in defeat to a 1911 :cry: We switched to the row plates and I ran for my Steyr M9...... :)
    I won on those except for the 1911 guy who I beat on the first round of the flip plates.....the Steyr worked flawlessly. I still have a bit of a site picture problem/trigger pull with it, unlike the Glock. I know if I site the Glock-dot in cup, it goes where I aim it.....the Steyr I sometimes get off target which might be the harder trigger pull.....if that makes sense.....

My Glock friend just called me and suggested my last disassembly of the Glock, I didn't get the slide release wire in the pin groove. I think he was right....Owner malfunction..... .not Glock malfunction.... 8O
    Anyway, I'm enjoying my Steyr much more and thinking the two I own for less then $600.00 is probably the best gun deal I've had
    ......... :wink:
    So today the Steyr gets the win.................

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Update on my original post....the lock pin which has a barbell shape may have been positioned too far to the right. The trigger pin was fine in position. So the only thing I can think was the original positioning of the lock pin too far right.

3. srfl

srfl New Member

Sorry to hear about your loss....it was good to hear though that the Steyr worked as it should and that you did well with it.

Were in FL do you compete?

4. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Its a class in community college run by the sheriff's dept.....

5. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

Ok now I gotta know where.

I want college credit for shooting :mrgreen:

6. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

:oops: It's Martin county/ Indian River Community College. But its really become a resident course that will give someone a CCW, but no credits......one of the "students" has taken this course for the last 18 years !!!!!!! Talk about hanging around college :lol: