Steyr Club Forums banner
2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Shooter 
#1 ·
Well........I started the competition with my Glock 35 and was winning easily on the flip plates....then diseaster struck and the lock block/slide lock pin worked its way out almost all the way, so I lost my slide lock/empty mag function.... :cry: My girlfriend handed me her HK 2000 9mm........and I couldn't get the site picture/trigger pull down......went down in defeat to a 1911 :cry: We switched to the row plates and I ran for my Steyr M9...... :)
I won on those except for the 1911 guy who I beat on the first round of the flip plates.....the Steyr worked flawlessly. I still have a bit of a site picture problem/trigger pull with it, unlike the Glock. I know if I site the Glock-dot in cup, it goes where I aim it.....the Steyr I sometimes get off target which might be the harder trigger pull.....if that makes sense.....

My Glock friend just called me and suggested my last disassembly of the Glock, I didn't get the slide release wire in the pin groove. I think he was right....Owner malfunction..... .not Glock malfunction.... 8O
Anyway, I'm enjoying my Steyr much more and thinking the two I own for less then $600.00 is probably the best gun deal I've had
......... :wink:
So today the Steyr gets the win.................

See less See more
#2 ·
Update on my original post....the lock pin which has a barbell shape may have been positioned too far to the right. The trigger pin was fine in position. So the only thing I can think was the original positioning of the lock pin too far right.

#6 ·
:oops: It's Martin county/ Indian River Community College. But its really become a resident course that will give someone a CCW, but no credits......one of the "students" has taken this course for the last 18 years !!!!!!! Talk about hanging around college :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.