Steyr USA in my back yard

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Buzz, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Howdy, I'm new to the group but not new to Steyr. Back in the mid-Eighties I had (and foolishly sold) a military model Steyr GB, a wonderful gun. After about a twelve year break from shooting I'm back in it and have been re-building my collection. I have been looking for the new Steyr M40-A1 locally and was having no luck until I found out that Steyr USA was in Cumming, Georgia. That's seven miles up the road from me, the next city north from where I live in Alpharetta.

So, I called Steyr USA and a very nice lady told me that right across the street from them was a range/shop that sold Steyr so they could hook me up with whatever I wanted. As this is now where I shoot I had them get me an M40-A1. I made the order on Monday and they walked across the street, got the gun, and had it for me on Tuesday. The same goes if I want magazines or anything else. Not a bad deal. If the gun needs servicing, across the street it goes.

But, it gets better. I have been told that this Steyr USA facility is their USA headquarters, distribution center, service center, and where the guns are actually assembled. I may be wrong but I don't think that Steyr has ever had this strong of a physical presence in this country before. They seem pretty doggone serious about servicing the US market, which I know has been an issue in the past.

At any rate, it's really nice to have all of that within walking distance or a leisurely drive mostly on country roads. It's also a huge temptation to know that I could have the new A1 compact in my hands tomorrow with one phone call. :twisted:

It's good to be back in the fold.

Buzz

2. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Tell them to release the #%%$)@# S40A1s!!! :lol:

Some of us are getting antsy.

Welcome back to the cult, err.. fold. :D

3. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Thunderbear, I'm going to look into the S40A1 on Monday. I bought an HK USP compact today (I've been a naughty boy this week) but I still want a compact Steyr. I'll rattle the cage and see what I can find out.

Man, do I miss my GB.

Buzz

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

It could get expensive living that close to the candy factory

5. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

It could get terribly expensive living this close to Steyr!

I spoke with my shop, the one across the street from Steyr USA. They said that they knew that the S40-A1 was in production but weren't sure whether they were in the USA yet. From what I ahve been told they will be assembled here. They will get with Steyr in the morning and see exactly where they are. If the gun is avaialble I may well have one this week. Otherwise, for now, there is an HK USP with my name on it :twisted:

One way or the other I am going to press them to get a firm release date, but I have a feeling y'all might have had that news before.

Buzz

6. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

I just got off the phone with my range shop (Bulls Eye Marksman Club) and they spoke with Stery USA across the street as to the availablity of the S40-A1. Steyr said that it will be another 90 to 120 days before they have the gun for distribution.

Art

7. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Balls. Well, more guns to buy in the meantime. Thanks for the heads up.