Steyr Store Online Now

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by saunderscc, May 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. saunderscc

saunderscc Member

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

...and not a moment too late....

:wall:

3. Big Rick

Big Rick New Member

sweet...something else to look at while I'm stuck at work.

4. saunderscc

saunderscc Member

I just ordered a couple 10 Round AUG magazines, a shirt, and a hat. Site appears to be working.

If Steyr reads this, you should consider putting some descriptions of certain items. For example, the Giles Sling for AUG. It would be nice to read a description of how/why it's different than the factory. Pictures attached to an AUG would be helpful, too, if different than factory.. A picture of a rolled-up sling isn't particularly helpful.

Also, 17-round 9mm magazines NOT available on the site presently.

5. Big Rick

Big Rick New Member

...well that was quick.

yeah...pics of the slings on the rifles would be nice.

6. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Yeah....

...if you are one of the Slowskies turtles from the Comcast High Speed Internet commercials....

:lol:

7. ripsaw

ripsaw New Member

I wouldn't call them cheap, though...

8. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Hey Wulf, does that "Classic Professional" knife look familiar to you? :D ;)

9. Big Rick

Big Rick New Member

...4 minutes later...

Does my comment make more sense when it is associated with my post before that?

10. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Understood now....

LOL

11. Jbabbler

Jbabbler New Member

So it would seem that the only way to get S-series magazines would be to buy the M-series 10 rounders and modify the baseplate..... Or shop GB for one. sigh

12. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

or use the base plate off of a full capacity mag.

you only need one s size mag. carry a full size for your spare.

13. mketron

mketron New Member

Maybe not. You should call Jack and ask. I bought some from SAI a couple of months ago.

14. Jbabbler

Jbabbler New Member

Cool, I may just do that or see if he can ship me some baseplates.

15. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

ummm..........i didn't see the section that said......"spare parts"..........???:mad:

16. xthexheadx

xthexheadx New Member

i placed an order the other day, only to have Eric W. call me two days later to ask if everything went O.K. with the website while i was ordering. he also wanted to confirm my order saying that they dont have access yet to actually SEE my order....

aparently it's still being worked on and whatnot, with more items to be added over time (like the 17rounders) he assured me that by monday they would ship my order out with a few freebies thrown in.

so i would wait to see, there may be some spare parts comming soon. or at least i hope.

17. saunderscc

saunderscc Member

Jeff called me Friday to ask about my web store experience. From my end, I thought the transaction went pretty smoothly and I like the format of the site.

I simply passed along the thought that they may want to consider showing pictures of certain items installed (Giles sling was an example) along with more detailed descriptions where appropriate.

I think the SAI guys are working hard to keep everyone happy. It's a shame they don't have a better following here in the US.

18. kartoffel

kartoffel Member

It's a lot of work to set up a web store for hundreds of odd parts. I think for now they're sticking to regular retail type stuff. But if you need a replacement spring or something, just call Jeff. They're easy to deal with over the phone.

Oh yeah... I just used the SAI store today for the first time. Picked up 4 more mags. :)

19. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

this has been an ongoing issue from years ago. I hope you are right and they loosen up on the parts but i'm not holding my breathe......:(

20. kartoffel

kartoffel Member

Got my 9mm 15 round mags in! Shipping was super fast and they all had good springs. 3 of them were "new style" with a Steyr bullseye logo on the front of the magazine. One was the older style with a slightly different follower (hey, it matches my two original CDNN mags).

All had good springs, and all feed right. Eric even threw in some Steyr Arms oval stickers! I stick one on my tractor.... groundhogs beware! lol