Steyr statement in NRA's American Rifleman

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Netfotoj, May 17, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

There's an interesting statement from Steyr in the June 2007 issue of the NRA's American Rifleman concerning the alleged sniper rifles being used in Iraq against our troops and the original 2004 sale of Steyr rifles to Iran.

I scanned it in as a pdf which will take a while to load, especially if you have a slow connection. I'm too lazy to type the whole statement in. The headline is "Steyr Defends Record."

And the statement concludes with an extra-interesting note about the new Steyr management, all company administrators have become NRA Life members and all Steyr employees have been provided NRA memberships. The new Steyr boss is pro-gun all the way!

http://www.johnmyers.com/steyrnra.pdf

2. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I was quite happy to read that part of the article too.
    Maybe they will have someone who is US market savvy.

3. nixon

nixon Member

That piece of news is good to hear from Steyr. I.m assuming that those memberships is meant to make a statement that the new management is staying in the US market. After all if a manufacturer is to be successful, bottom line is, they have to succeed first in the US market. I can't wait for the 45 acp version to come out. I hope my hunch is right.

nixon,