Steyr Club Forums banner

Steyr SSG model match, wich scope rings??

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  hookbill 
#1 ·
Hello Gentlemen, I am new here and joined because I am stumped....I have acquired a Steyr SSG match target rifle, with target stock and diopter sights, The problem I am having is the mounting rail is a bit of a mystery. It seems to have a 13mm dovetail on top of a 18mm dovetail with cutaway slots for quick detach rings of some type. The cross bolt slots in this rail are only 2 or 3 mm deep and standard weaver type rings won,t fit in that the cross bolt rocks in the groove. There are only two cross grooves and they are rounded at the bottom corners with a reference line about every 5mm.

This rifle shoots beutifully and is very accurate out to about 200yds, but I would like to mount a 6-20x50 weaver tactical scope and make use of this amazing rifles long range ability. Any advice on where to get scope rings that will interface with this odd duck scope rail would be much appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.