Steyr Side by side shotguns

Discussion in 'Anything Else' started by KentonO, Dec 4, 2009.

1. KentonO

KentonO New Member

Just bought one and from what i've been able to find out they were made in the 1920s. Beautiful guns with selective auto ejectors (on or off) and cocked chamber idicators. Anyone have any info on production/ serial numbers. i've only found reference to one other in an auction.

2. mketron

mketron New Member

[​IMG]

And welcome to SC.

3. KentonO

KentonO New Member

Right on! will post tomorrow when i can take in the sun light.

4. KentonO

KentonO New Member

Hope these come out, I'm old and digitally challenged.

Attached Files:

5. KentonO

KentonO New Member

Received new information through the German Gun Collectors Association on this one and it evidently is really a rare one. It shows as a model 300 in the Steyr 1929 catalog and the feature allowing the change from auto ejection to extractors was only put on custom guns. This one has the Steyr factory markings so it is a true Steyr production model.

6. khalid

khalid New Member

Sorry for jumping into this thread two years late as I have become a member just now. I too have a steyr shotgun which is just like the one that you have, bought mine second hand here in Pakistan in 1990. It too has an ejector non ejector lever in the foregrip carrying label 'EJEKTOR', infact its a ditto copy of the one that you have, it is carrying serial number E 423. As per my estimation it has improved cylinder choke on both barrels. Even the shoulder pad is similar to the one that you have. I love the gun's balance and have used it extensively on duck and partridge shoots. Would be happy to send over pics if you are interested.

7. Pinz1972M

Pinz1972M New Member

I just picked one of these up. Are you guys still shooting these? if so, what ammo can you use?

thanks
    Christian

8. AGill

AGill New Member

Kenton, I see that you own a Steyr Model 300 shotgun. Would you consider selling this gun?
    If yes, what price did you have in mind ? I am interested in making a fair deal with you. Andy
    You can send me an email at: andygill1@sbcglobal.net

9. jeffd

jeffd New Member

Hi all new guy here found this forum and post whilst researching a shotgun I have, It is the same as the one posted here does anyone have any idea of the value, I purchased mine second hand 35 years ago for£250 and have used it ever since Its a bit tired now days and I was wondering if its worth spending money on it.