steyr safety system

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by hud, Aug 2, 2006.

1. hud

hud New Member

A whle back, a very excelent detailed description of the Steyr safety system was posted that talked about vector analysis etc. I have tried to search for it in the forums but have been unsuccessful. It is not the one in the tutorials section, and was written in response to some idiot trashtalking Steyr guns. (I think). Can anyone help me find it? I have another critic I would like to show it to. Thanks in advance!

2. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

it is still posted at glocktalk, in the steyrtalk section. maybe like 5 to 7 pages back.

his whole thing was very intense in a physics kinda way. but the more that I read it, the more i got the feeling he was throwing up formulas to intellectually condescend cornbread.

the reality is that cornbread can't see the sear move rearwards. he doesn't realize that the sear is moving rearward during the initial take-up of the trigger which consitutes a double-action and inherently safe motion.

and when mr. a dropped the sear in its pre-cocked position on to primered rounds, they did not light up. consensus was that really light primers "might" light up. the 2 people that i'm aware of who have had the sear break while cocked, reported hearing a click noise and no discharge.

3. hud

hud New Member

Thanks alot bigtaco. I will try to get it. Sounds like I need it for the same reasons. This guy I'm dealing with will drive you nuckin' futs! (sorry for the expression) :)