Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just bought a new Steyr S9-A1 yesterday. Took it home and cleaned it as I always do with a new firearm. After cleaning it, I racked the slide several times and did some dry firing with the pistol. Most of the time the trigger seemed fine. However, when I do a very soft slide rack the trigger seems hard to pull, and you can feel it throughout the whole pistol. Doesn't seem right to me. Any advise? Will it smooth out after a few rounds? This normal for a new Steyr? Thank you

·
Registered
16 Posts
By soft slide rack, do you mean you ride the slide forward? If so, it's probably not going all the way into battery. On my M40A1(and according to Jeff @ Steyr it's the case for all the new pistols with the roll pin) riding the slide forward causes it to stop a millimeter or so out of battery. Pulling the trigger here with some difficulty will snap the slide forward all the way and release the striker. I've never done this with a round chambered, though, so I don't know if it's safe to fire like this. I'd stay on the safe side and either not ride the slide forward, or be aware of the issue and make sure you nudge the slide that last mm or so into battery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts