Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Nice video.
But for the life of me I dont understand why someone wants a C ? The idea of concealment is a smaller grip to hid it better. I like the full length of the slide with a short grip of the S.
I cut a M frame's grip to the same size as a S and that is my EDC. Longer slide = more FPS and better accuracy. Short Grip = better concealment.

Reactions: xthexheadx

·
Registered
9 Posts
+1...it's a reduction in the length of the grip that makes a gun more concealable, not the barrel and slide.

·
Registered
632 Posts
The Cframe is concealable with ease.

If you have large hands like me, shooting a compact grip becomes tiresome or unwieldy.

The shorter barrel makes for easier and faster draw.
If you carry properly in a properly canted holster, outside or inside the waist band, a full size fire arm is easily concealable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think his point is that if you want a full grip get the M-A1. The lost barrel length doesn't provide more concealment and gives you a smaller sight radius.

The Cframe is concealable with ease.

If you have large hands like me, shooting a compact grip becomes tiresome or unwieldy.

The shorter barrel makes for easier and faster draw.
If you carry properly in a properly canted holster, outside or inside the waist band, a full size fire arm is easily concealable.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I think his point is that if you want a full grip get the M-A1. The lost barrel length doesn't provide more concealment and gives you a smaller sight radius.
Personal opinions and impressions.

You can technically draw a shorter barrel faster than a longer barrel.

There is also a balance change as well in the fire arm.

Honestly, I don't care which firearm you carry as long as you carry one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts