Steyr S9-A1 holster pics, please post feedback

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by cleveland, Aug 2, 2012.

1. cleveland

cleveland New Member

Here are some pics of our Steyr S9-A1 holster. Tell us what you think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Aesthetically, it looks fantastic! Am I mistaken, or does it look like the kydex covers up a little bit of the top-rear of the grip where the web of the hand would be? It almost looks as though this might get in the way? Or it could just be a trick of photography and my eyes deceiving me?

3. DeNirosGame

DeNirosGame New Member

I agree that it does look like a bit of the kydex does look higher than the normal holster, but I cannot say that I don't like that better. The holster looks great and I like the idea of the gun being extra secure in the holster! Got a special price for us on steyrclub?

4. cleveland

cleveland New Member

The Kydex comes right up to the grip but not over it (it's short by a mm or two), but it does look like overhang in the pic. You can slam your hand into the grip without the Kydex interfering in your grip.

Steyr Club members get free shipping through the month of August. I thought I posted that on the Cleveland's Holsters, LLC forum below, but I must have overlooked it. I'll get that done right away.

5. Derosa54

Derosa54 New Member

I like it. I will be ordering in the month of August for my M9. For the uninformed - me - is this model available for a CZ 40P?

6. cleveland

cleveland New Member

Unfortunately we do not have a CZ75 P-01, assuming that's the model you are referring to. Our suppliers add models regularly and if one becomes available we will be adding it as we get a lot of requests for it.

Here is a complete list of what we have:

https://clevelandsholsters.com/Holsters_Available.html

7. cleveland

cleveland New Member

Here's a close up of where the Kydex meets the grip.

[​IMG]

8. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Looks perfect! Thanks for the follow-up picture. :thumbsup:

9. cleveland

cleveland New Member

We will be adding Kydex clips! They will become available by the end of the month and will accommodate belts that are 1.25", 1.5" and 1.75".

The first 20 pairs that are preordered will sell for $5!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. roberev

roberev New Member

I like everything I'm seeing about Cleveland's holsters with only one exception: the lack of C-clips.

I know that the current clips can be sandwiched between the waistband and belt; however, that means that the waistband holds the weight instead of the belt. C-clips (or Velcro tabs) let the belt carry the weight while maintaining maximum concealment.

Rob

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

11. cleveland

cleveland New Member

Thanks Rob!

We will be adding Kydex clips by the end of the month. C-clips are not high on our list right now because there have been very few requests for them. We will however be offering a Velcro option when we add belts to our lineup sometime in the next 6 months.

12. ykman1

ykman1 New Member

Very Nice! You should also offer speed cuts on the leather. When and if you do, I will definitely order one! I love how all the points are adjustable!; Is that also for ordering different kydex mold for different firearms and being able to swap them out on the leather? If so, that would definitely make it the perfect holster! You could just sell the kydex molds for different arms and we could use the same leather, vs buying new holsters over and over... If thats something your working on then please let me know, Ill order one right away and a second mold for my XD-S if you have them available yet. Great Job!

13. cleveland

cleveland New Member

We do offer the cut option for an additional $5. Soon we will be offering "Plus Cut" for an additional $20; this will allow you to have a full back and a cut back. I will post an example in a few minutes.

We did explore the option of multiple Kydex molds but it proved to be impracticable. There is a long explanation but the short version is that the holes don't line up from on Kydex mold to the next.

14. cleveland

cleveland New Member

Some people call it combat cut, speed cut, tactical cut, etc... We believe in keeping things simple, we just call it "Cut". We hand each holster that receives a cut request, because this insures the tightest lines for the best possible fit.

Here is what the cut option looks like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]