Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very nice Steyr rifle received from my son who purchased it about 30 years ago, cannot find a model number.. The name on left side of receiver is "Steyr-Dimler-Puch AG Steyr" .. It has a double-set trigger and a silver(chrome/stainless) bolt and handle, handle is the "butterknife " styler, has raised cheek pad, 23" barrel, I believe it is 30-06 caliber, but cannot find any confirmation of this on the gun. A 30-06 cartridge seem to chamber satisfactorily, but want confirm this before firing the gun. the number 35340 is stamped on right side of the receiver and again on the right side of the barrel .which I assume is the serial number. A number "62" is stamped on left side of the receiver and again of the left side of the barrel. May indicate 1962 for date of manufacture. a safety with red dot is on right side of receiver near or at the rear. the rear end of the bolt has a little "blued" lever that can be raised when the bold is closed, but not sure what it does. it has "made in Austria" stamp on top of receiver..

Any help in identifying this rifle would be appreciated. also approximate value. And a owners manual.

it has a Bausch & Lomb 2.5 x 9 power scope , marked BALVER 8B ,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts