Steyr pulling out of U.S. market?

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by BTF/PTM, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTF/PTM

BTF/PTM Guest

I'm confused; I just read the 8/22/07 post on various questions to the Steyr folks, and sounds like the exact opposite of what my local gun shop owner told me a couple days ago. He told me that Steyr prices have plummeted becuz Steyr is looking to remove themselves from U.S. distribution. Can anyone attest or contest this?

2. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

From what I've read this is bunk.

Prices have gone down because Steyr has sold a ton of inventory, around cost, for Tax purposes... which is why the weapons are so cheap right now, they were never rediculously high though.

Steyr has built a factory in Ga. So I doubt they are really pulling out.

I'm sure that anything I missed, or am wrong about will be corrected by those, in the know, though.

3. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Sounds like gun store salesman BS.

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Jeez guys - why do so many people think that 'ol two-tooth Joe-Bob over at the Guns, Groceries, and Bait store has some trustworthy, super-secret inside source concerning all things Steyr? If you're really concerned, call SAI or contact Steyr Austria direct - both will tell you they are here to stay. This bout of domestic importation doldrums has been brought on by the foreign military demand for Steyr products - they simply do not have the manufacturing capability to keep up with us and the rest of the world. SAI->CDNN has pacified most of our desires for Steyr products for the time being (you S-A1 and 357SIG folks are just going to have to hang in there) - the rest of the world has to get theirs, too.

There are TONS of posts on this matter, most originating at the start of the year when S-M came under new ownership. By now, this dead horse is certainly sick of getting beat - let's focus our energies on more construtive information exchange. 8)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.