Steyr Pro Hunter

Discussion in 'Other Rifles' started by boomer68, Aug 11, 2017.

1. boomer68

boomer68 New Member

Hi,

Just acquired my first Steyr and was wondering what scope mounts I should go with. It's a stainless model in .300 Winchester Magnum. Scope is a Nikon Monarch 3 4-16x42.

Aekaput likes this.
  2. silentheart

silentheart Member

Does your pro hunter come w rail or no?
    If come w pic rail, I would go with any mid and higher end uni mount that will fit 1 in tube Nikon monarch 3. I would not go w Nikon uni mount because it is 300 win mag. If there is no rail, look for a good gunsmith since it is a 300 win mag.

3. boomer68

boomer68 New Member

No rail. Currently have Talley steel 2-pc bases on it and tried their medium rings and the bolt touches the scope. Was thinking of going to high rings or trying a different setup.

4. silentheart

silentheart Member

Oh. That is an issue. Does it cause extraction issue? Can you get the high ring? If it is my gun, I would get the pic rail from steyr and use uni mount. That add almost 1/4 inch.

5. boomer68

boomer68 New Member

Yes, it made cycling the bolt difficult. I ended up ordering high rings. The extra .100" height should allow the bolt to clear scope.

6. silentheart

silentheart Member

Just a thought, w that extra height on the scope, your cheek wield may not be as solid as you like. If that is the riser or stock pillow to adjust. Good luck.

7. boomer68

boomer68 New Member

True. Will see how it is and might end up with a riser.