Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I now have $5000 Steyrs in my vault now that the CA DOJ does not have them on the list any more.
(in my head they are worth the price.)

Guess that is what happens when I let my attention on the my state's still laws and list lapse in favor of work.

Too bad too. I too the M40A1 out to the range a bit ago for a coworker range day. They all liked the pistol and sights after the explanation and a few magazines each.

And just when some new revision are due to hit shore next month. I can only hope Steyr USA has some plans for the new models to be put on the list.

·
Registered
142 Posts
please explain this to those of us who do not reside in the people's republic

·
Registered
230 Posts
@apvbguy: Every firearm needs to be "approved" by Kommiefornia safety bureau for YOUR safety. :rolleyes:

They are the ones that required gunmakers to put such stupid additions like magazine safety (can't fire weapon if magazine is not in place), chamber loaded indicators, firing pin drop tests, etc. Adding at LEAST a few hundred (thousand?) dollars worth of tests for each firearm (yes, a Glock or any other gun for that matter, made with options such as a black body, green body and tan body makes 3 different firearms too :rolleyes: )

If the manufacturer (or importer) doesn't want to pay the money for the extortion that the state requires they go through, then the gun doesn't make it on "the list" and from that point on can NOT be sold (by dealers anyway) in the state.

It's another level of insanity brought to you by the nanny state. The rest of the free states need to support gun rights activists in Cali though, because if rights can be limited there, it can be done anywhere.

hth
Paul

·
Registered
142 Posts
you're wrong about one thing, it is not up to those of us who do not live there to correct things there it is up to the residents there to stop electing kooks to positions of power.
look at your state, you've inflicted pelosi, feinstein, boxer, waxman and a few other congressional whack jobs upon the rest of the country, those of us who don't live there can't do much to help things for you.

·
Registered
230 Posts
you're wrong about one thing, it is not up to those of us who do not live there to correct things there it is up to the residents there to stop electing kooks to positions of power.
look at your state, you've inflicted pelosi, feinstein, boxer, waxman and a few other congressional whack jobs upon the rest of the country, those of us who don't live there can't do much to help things for you.
I didn't say that we were supposed to correct things for them, I said we need to support those who ARE in the fight. I've given monetary support (as well as writing supportive letters to those legislators friendly to 2A causes, and written scathing letters of condescension to those trying to take the rights away).

I also maintain communications with the gun rights folks on the forums there too. The gun rights folks ARE NOT the ones voting for the idiots you mentioned, but the word can only be spread from within and that takes resources and ideas too.

That isn't my state anymore, only lived there for a couple of years. I moved to AZ a couple of years ago, and I never supported the idiots currently in power either, mostly supported those running against them. Don't blame me!

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In any case it used to be a simple matter to renew the existing pistol on the DOJ list. According to SAI "application for approval was denied and we were forced to stop selling into California". No that makes me wonder what changed for the renewal process.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
pretty sure myself and another club member have figured out a LEGAL way to get them into cali thanks to the calguns foundation, its costly, and the guns must got to an 07FFL for conversion work, but it can be done...

·
Registered
17 Posts
pretty sure myself and another club member have figured out a LEGAL way to get them into cali thanks to the calguns foundation, its costly, and the guns must got to an 07FFL for conversion work, but it can be done...
Xthexheadx,

Do you know someone that has actually done it with the new generation m9 or s9? Ive been researching this for a few days and have found dealers who do it for other brands but not one for Steyr. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Global

·
Registered
41 Posts
Xthexheadx,

Do you know someone that has actually done it with the new generation m9 or s9? Ive been researching this for a few days and have found dealers who do it for other brands but not one for Steyr. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Global
Global, I was going to respond in your other post but saw this one. If you want to take the 4 hour roundtrip drive from Ventura, I know of a place in South OC.

Edit: I recommend you checking out the Calguns forums. There are specific threads regarding the process and a list of dealers you can check with in your area.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Global, I was going to respond in your other post but saw this one. If you want to take the 4 hour roundtrip drive from Ventura, I know of a place in South OC.

Edit: I recommend you checking out the Calguns forums. There are specific threads regarding the process and a list of dealers you can check with in your area.
Thanks for the reply. Sure, im always down for a road trip. Who do you have in mind?

I have read thru the forums. All the dealers I've called are not familiar with Steyrs. They do Gen 4 Glocks all day long, but no Steyrs. Im waiting for one call back, but confidence is low.

Thanks again,

Global.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i'm shipping one to an 07 dealer tomorrow actually for a club member here.... if everything goes according to plan like it looks that it should, we could make it a regular deal for forum members..

·
Registered
17 Posts
i'm shipping one to an 07 dealer tomorrow actually for a club member here.... if everything goes according to plan like it looks that it should, we could make it a regular deal for forum members..
Great, please keep us posted.

I'd be in for a S9-A1 and I know someone else that would be in for a M9-A1. What kind of timing are you thinking for the process to run it;s course?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i'm not quite sure, the firearm should arrive in just a day or so, but conversion time at the 07 + whatever B.S. waiting period you guys have... i'll keep you posted for sure.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was born in the DPRK and lived there for 45 years - until the Politburo drove me out with their Nanny State laws. It's too bad really, because there is a lot of natural beauty there, but it's not worth going to a Communist country to enjoy. Leaving the DPRK for Free America was one of the greatest reliefs of my life, and those of you who live there with no realistic chance of escape have my deepest condolences.
WA State isn't perfect, but I carry my S9 every day.

·
Registered
33 Posts
With respect, I can never figure out why people equate California to a communist state when it is more akin to a facist one...that is if you are a born and raised middle class U.S. citizen. Regardless, there is some hope here in the gun laws department thanks to such entities as Calguns.net and the many different groups which take the state to task on its stupid laws... Anyway, I too would like to know the outcome of the 07 transaction. And maybe I missed it, but what shop, in what city does conversions for Steyrs?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im bumping this thread hoping someone knows an FFL willing to ship to CA.

engiNERD,

I'm on CalGuns. I have a local 07 FFL that will accept and transfer, but cant find someone to ship it in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts