Steyr on the Net

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Buzz, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

As I wander around the Internet forums I am seeing mention of the Steyrs much more frequently, and it is almost all positive. Where once there was significant talk of extraction problems and lack of support, much of it residue from ealier days, the kind of stuff that persists on the Net, the reviews ands comments that I'm seeing just about everywhere are extremely positive.

When the guns were "dumped" on CDNN I was a bit concerned, but it seems that it got the gun into more hands. That has translated into very positive PR for Steyr which I hope will wash away the lingering negatives. I think that this all puts Steyr in a very nice position for their resurgence into the US market.

Buzz

2. Garys4598

Garys4598 Premium Member

Naturally, we can all only cross our fingers and hope. Personally, I'd like to be optimistic and believe in a "resurgence".... but until SAI gets off the stick regarding simple things such as barrel replacements and grip plugs (i.e., a few common needed accessory components for our beloved handgun), I'll remain pesimistic. Mind you, I absolutely concur that SAI's "customer service" is exemplary (although I've not yet had to use it myself)... I'm simply still mentally "wheeling" from last week when I telephoned them and spoke to Jack regarding a grip plug for my M40-A1, he suggested I look to modifying a friggen Glock's plug.

:wall:

3. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Well, that goes more to what's going on in Austria. SAI can't sell what Steyr doesn't make What I'm pointing out is that the market here is ripe and has benefited by the CNNN sales in terms of the reputation of the product. Whether Steyr follows through is entirely another thing.

That said, I share your frustration.

Buzz

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

That is exactly right. The root of our problems lies in Austria and the good folks at SAI are likely just as frustrated as us.

5. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

I think the delay has been due the the low dollar/ high Euro.

Steyr will really be hard pressed not to have a huge price increase if they shipped right now.

6. Garys4598

Garys4598 Premium Member

BulletBait, you make an exceptional point.

To Buzz and Syntax360: A sincere thanks for educating me on the root cause of our frustrations -- The decision making in Austria with Steyr Mannlicher. As a newcomer.... I was ignorant of that fact. :shifty: