Steyr Newbie

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by undrlord, Jan 8, 2007.

1. undrlord

undrlord New Member

Ok, I really hate to post this topic because I unsually do enough research through the search function to figure out what I need but this is just confusing to me. I am new to Steyr and actually owning a handgun. I have shot plenty but have just never owned one. I plan on getting me CCP at some point and I am going to need a holster. I was hoping it was going to be as easy as looking on a website and picking out the one I liked and just buy it......I feel that I am way off on that now. I know I want a black one and one that looks like it is molded to the gun. I don't know what kind there are out there so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. BTW the gun is a M40A1. Thanks.

2. madecov

madecov Active Member

There are several choices out there.
    K&D Holsters makes a superb product at a reasonable price.
    Desantis makes a holster for the A1
    Blade Tech makes Kydex for the Steyr.
    Galco makes for the older M series.
    Garrity gun leather should be able to make for the MA1 by now, he does a wicked job of molding and boning
    FIST also makes for the Steyr and is good choice between custom and production, they do decent boning and have many many styles

High noon is making some items for the Steyr and some are in stock.

Blue Line leather makes for the A1 at a reasonable price

Currently other than Desantis everything else is custom made to order.

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blade-Tech UCH is a great kydex holster.

4. madecov

madecov Active Member

Blade Tech Stingray

[​IMG]

5. Droptop

Droptop New Member

Are those pictures of M or S series pistols? I've got an S9 (non-A1) and I'm looking for an IWB holster. A friend of mine works at a local gun shop and thinks he can get me a holster at cost. Does Comp-Tac have a ready made for the S9 yet, or is it a custom order deal?