Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it a SBS ?
Don’t know what SBS is. The rifle is 222 Rem Mag. Can’t find a way to release the bolt. Pretty sure it’s held in by a pin in the bottom of the receiver. No obvious pin release mechanism.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I’d get case info but I know the older m95 style moved the trigger forward after bolt was open and the newer hunters you use the tang safety all the way back. The scout I believe you rotate the bolt, move the tang safety then remove, but it’s been years since I sold mine. Can you upload pictures?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’d get case info but I know the older m95 style moved the trigger forward and the newer hunters you use the tang safety all the way back. The scout I believe you rotate the bolt, move the tang safety then remove, but it’s been years since I sold mine. Can you upload pictures?
I figured it out, I don’t know why but you have to remove the plastic trigger / clip housing ( 2 screws). There is a spring loaded bolt stop pin Located forward of the triggers, pull it down and the bolt releases. You do not need to pull it down to install the bolt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try opening the bolt, pulling the trigger back as far as it can go/hold it and then see if you can remove the bolt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts