Steyr-Mannlicher's Latest Plans for the American Market

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Wulf, Feb 1, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hi Guys :)

It was nice to get an email from Oliver Bauer this mornin' and a really rather hopeful one, at that. He is a bit self-conscious about his American grammer and has asked me not to just "copy and paste" it to the Steyrclub. So, I'll edit it a bit tryin' not to change whatever Austrian implictions are within its text. Here goes:

That wasn't so bad!

Wulf <-- wonderin' how much an Austrian interpreter makes <shrug>

K...here's the Mannox thing

[​IMG]

All in all, a very promising letter, IMHO. And, a special thanx to Oliver Bauer for the new info on Mannox, I only wish I was smart enough to understand the difference b/t Mannox and Tennifer. :roll: I am hoping for SC to establish a healthy repoire with the new and improved Steyr-Mannlicher and to be able to stay on top of this transitional period for S-M's expansion into the US civilian market. And, it'd be nice for Jack Riddle and SAI to remain our link to the best that S-M has to offer us. Anyway, I encourage you to show your support via email to Steyr, SAI and Steyr-Mannlicher. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I think they are in our corner, lurkin' even as we post. 8)

Hava good day. :p

Wulf <--Euro-leiazon :roll:

2. smores

smores Guest

So how long until the supply of M-A1's is flowing again? I am trying to get one, and in my current locale it is becoming a nightmare :(

That is good news to hear, and this Mannox stuff sounds pretty good. It sounds kind of like the "Poly Coat" that's on my CZ-75B. That is a nice finish, clean, satin matte black. Cleans up fast. Looks great :)

3. madecov

madecov Active Member

This is good news. My M40A1 is my favorite pistol. and the one I really really want to carry as a duty weapon.

If Steyr really does what the letter indicates then I think things will work out.
    Hopefully the new owner understands marketing and can get things going over here.

4. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Wulf, thank you! You rock! And thanks to Herr Bauer!

This is wonderful news. I hope that SAI remains here as they have done a great job so far.

Now I can go back to drooling over the SA1!

Buzz

5. azmike

azmike Guest

As they say in Austria, Ausgezeichnit (sorry about spelling, German speakers)!

Hopefully things will straighten out soon. I need springs! then perhaps I won't have to jump ship to that OTHER Austrian manufacturer.

6. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Great news!

You da man, Wulf!

How does that old saying go about falling into the crapper and coming out smelling like a rose? Perhaps Steyr getting their knickers in a financial bind may turn out to be the best thing that could have possibly happened to us.

This sure sounds like great news to me! :mrgreen:

If I understood the Austrian-translated news report properly, we've traded a corporation with a board of directors and stockholders to answer to for a well-heeled entrepeneur who has the savvy to sell Starbucks to Austrians.

And if I correctly understood the part in the news report about "all hunters" I think that means he has some additional investors from amongst his hunting buddies. So Steyr-Mannlicher has been taken over by a bunch of well-heeled hunters! How much better can it get?

And first shot out of the box is this announcement about the new Mannox surface. Sounds like the man has got some plans and is moving them forward. A new shipment of pistols and spare parts is hopefully next.

Maybe I haven't missed my chance to get an S-A1 yet. Maybe the new guys will listen to Wulf and put out an S357-A1! Sign me up for the second one, because I know Wulf will get the first one. \:D/

7. steyrile

steyrile Member

Good news like this makes me worry CDNN won't lower their A1 prices to $299. Bummed out but in a good way!
    Thanks for the update Wulf.
    Steyrile

8. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Thanks for the upbeat info, Wulf.

9. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Great News.........Wulfman....... :D =D> \:D/ [-o<

10. flyandscuba

flyandscuba Guest

Seeing is believing for me....after so many previous false starts, I'll temper any hopes with an attitude of "if it happens, that will be great -- but I'll not hold off on any purchases while we wait and see".

At any rate, the current inventory disposal and CDNN deals were something to take advantage of -- and it allowed me to add an HS 50 to the collection.

11. ronny44

ronny44 Guest

I think that I will hold on to my m40 a1 a while now that we have hope. I was think of selling or something real soon.

12. I am hopeful that things will turn around.

I really want an SA1 so I hope they do get them back in the US and on the market.

13. madecov

madecov Active Member

I spoke with SAI this morning and I can say the feeling seems to be pretty up beat.

Right now things are just like when it just started.

I'm told that the folks here in the USA will have a handle on exactly what's going to happen by the middle of next month.

14. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

In the latest SWAT magazine, is an article on the "resurrection of Steyr"
    :lol: which is pretty funny. They were referring to several years ago. They also were talking about their rifles and didn't mention their pistols....guess the article was written several months ago for current publication.........

15. advntrjnky

advntrjnky Guest

Great news! It puts my mind at ease alittle. I do wish that they would get with some of the larger accessory manufacturers and get the M A-1 series pistols as an option. I am specifically thinking about Safariland holsters ...and such. I think that if some of the high end gear would fit the steyrs people would give them a closer look. It kinda sucks to have to spend days researching a simple carry holster (let alone something more task specific) when I would rather just order one that I know I like, but can't because it isn't an option.

advntrjnky

16. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

A- where ya from in Mn... A?

17. advntrjnky

advntrjnky Guest

way up nord, Eh! Da Range!

:D seriously now. Chisholm...been gone from there awhile. fairly recently back in the state...Crookston.

advntrjnky

18. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Holy smokes.......dated a girl from Hibbing....... 8-O talk about culture shock....... :lol: Mpls/Stpaul here, twenty years removed.........burr too
    cold!!!!!

19. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

its gotten warmer I am south of the border and its only 0F now nice 13mph WNW wind windchill a nice warm negative 18.8F
    dont know what your missing
    [​IMG]

20. feinc

feinc New Member

Both Galco and De Santis make great leather carry holsters for Steyr!!!