Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a M9 A2 and had a few questions:
1. What Gen mags are Combatable?
2. Holsters? I use a Blackhawk omnivore with my go rig. Makes it easier because I have a lot of pistols to choose from. At least I can just swap the same light around. But what holster are in the wild and are A1 and A2 combatable with each other?
3. sights? Other than replacing the traps or using glow paint is there a good tritium sight?
3. Mag extension?
I think that’s it for now! But as I shoot it I’ll find more. I was able to grab some mags from Steyr at $40 a pop. But at least I grab a few. It would be great if metgar started to make mags!

·
Registered
102 Posts
1. A1 mags are compatible in the A2
2. A2 does not fit well into my A1, A2 ready to go holster is double click or we plead the 2nd if they kept the mold from mine.
3. trijicon makes some but they are posts Not triangle
4. There are no reliable mag extensions I know. Some people have converted other mags to work and there is a pawn shop that sells some but none are reliable to my knowledge, stuck with 17 rounders.
It would be great to get after market support but lately we lost some not gained any with ranger point leaving the scene.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... I hate to say it but I’m a CZ fanboy! However, every time I take out the Steyr I’m loving it more and more! I was not a fan of the Aug. x-95 or 805!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I liked CZ well enough and have two of their pistols but prior to Steyr I always had a p226 or a p228 on me, now it’s a L9 or C9. It’s a great pistol that fits well, just a shame there is no support for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I liked CZ well enough and have two of their pistols but prior to Steyr I always had a p226 or a p228 on me, now it’s a L9 or C9. It’s a great pistol that fits well, just a shame there is no support for it.
Sig feels like a brick. Even compared to the 75 tactical. Until I can get a few hundred more rounds through the Steyr I’m sticking with my P10F plus I have an optic on it. That’s why I like the trap sights on the Steyr it’s like a big dot which is the only sight I’ll use without an optic. You’d think by now there would be a bigger aftermarket club for Steyr. It’s not a new pistol. It’s been around longer than most!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sig feels like a brick. Even compared to the 75 tactical. Until I can get a few hundred more rounds through the Steyr I’m sticking with my P10F plus I have an optic on it. That’s why I like the trap sights on the Steyr it’s like a big dot which is the only sight I’ll use without an optic. You’d think by now there would be a bigger aftermarket club for Steyr. It’s not a new pistol. It’s been around longer than most!
I wish there was but it seems like it has gone down not up. Which is a real shame as the A2 fixed any complaints I had except having to send it to L&M to be milled. They even redesigned the extractor significantly. Sig is a bit big but the A2 with large in sides and back gets it pretty close. If there was a night option for the traps I would be all over it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts