Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,190 Posts
I own an M40/M40A1 and P99 in the AS (double action trigger)
The P99 has been around a bit longer than the M. The grip on the P99 has a very very slight edge over the M. The grip on the MA1 has been changed and is just about as nice as the P99.

The P99 has a higher bore axis and is a lighter gun so muzzle flip is more pronounced.

Steyr seems to have one of the best feeling triggers in a striker fired gun.

While I have had no problems with either of my Steyr's others have . The P99 has an excellent reputation for reliability.

If mounting a light to your weapon is important the P99 still doesn't accept "standard" accessories but Steyr will.

P99 holsters will be a bit easier to find than Steyr.

The Steyr should also sell for around $100.00 or so less than the P99 and magazines are less expensive.

I also think that the Steyr is a more robust design

· Registered
1,190 Posts
MrApathy said:
madecov
could you post pics of walther chamber and steyr chamber with cartridge in them?

good luck finding a walther P99/SW99 seems S&W stopped temporarily importing them but new ones coming in. not seeing many on the net for sale and they are bringing a good price $500-$550.
Wish I could. No digicam.
The Steyr chamber does have better support. I guess the Walther chamber is more like 3/4 supported.

S&W will be importing the AS trigger again. Currently for the P99 there are 2 other triggers. One is a true double action only (990 model) and the other is more Glock/Steyr like but I think it has a heavier trigger than a Glock. Possibly the heaviest of the striker fired handguns.

My P99 is sitting in the safe. My Steyr's are my duty and off duty weapons.

· Registered
1,190 Posts
The new P99's don't have still don't have a "standard" accessorie rail. It requires an adapter.

Any and all guns will be a compromise. features you like or don't.
Overall the P99 especially the AS are pretty nice.

I would imagine that after the summer the AS will be easy to get again as Walther USA is going to re import it.

· Registered
1,190 Posts
Yup, but that rail is still not exactly standard.
Insight makes the M6 to fit the P99 and S&W TSW series.

The P99c I think is standard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.