Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought and love my M9-A1 about 2 months ago. I wanted a M40-A1 and feel like I settled for the M9. Now I'm having the worst time trying to just find 9mm ammo. So I'm looking to sell my M9-A1 and get an M40-A1 but I still can't seem to find any. Anyone know of an online shop that stocks these?

·
Registered
34 Posts
They weren't cheap, but call Vandalia Armory near Dayton OH. they had a fair amount of Steyr pistols in when I was at the range on the weekend....(937) 387-0485

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just purchased one about two hours ago! My first Steyr for $509 + $10 background check. Do not know if they have anymore or if they sell off premises (mail order).

Contact Keith's Sporting Goods in Portland, Oregon.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Good work, Boys!

Postin' this info is onna the best things abouta Great Club! :)

Just remember ta post the contact info an' prices when ya can. <shrug>

Keep up the good work!

Wulf <-- prouda his Club Bros :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought and love my M9-A1 about 2 months ago. I wanted a M40-A1 and feel like I settled for the M9. Now I'm having the worst time trying to just find 9mm ammo. So I'm looking to sell my M9-A1 and get an M40-A1 but I still can't seem to find any. Anyone know of an online shop that stocks these?
.40 ammo is going to be just as hard to find. I havent been able to shoot my m40-a1 because i am afraid of using up my ammo and not finding more. The only places that seem to have ammo are the gun ranges.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help. I will look into the two places mentioned tomorrow. Im not sure if you guys have seen this or not but gunbot.net was a great find by a co-worker yesterday. Its a site dedicated to ammo stock on other sites. Pick a caliber and get an up to date list off all the sites that have ammo and it even gives the price per bullet. some sites have limited quantity per person but I was able to order some 9mm rounds today. Although I'm still considering the switch to the M40-A1.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Clarification; Keith's is in Gresham, Oregon. Eastern suburb of Portland. I also see Steyrs on GunBroker.com. They have a couple of M40's and (one?) M40-A1 as of a couple of minutes ago. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you decide to buy one through GunBroker then STAY AWAY from an outfit called Wholesale Hunter. Back on Jan 18 they claimed to have 2 in stock when I won one of their "auctions". Almost a month later, after repeated emails and phone calls-all of which were un-answered, they finally answered the phone and admitted to being out of stock with no idea when they would have any more. I then went ahead and cancelled my credit card transaction. At that time I tried to submit feedback on GunBroker and they were listed as "no longer a registered seller" and I was not allowed to leave any feedback. Now, for some odd reason they are now back as a seller on GunBroker(even with their lousy feedback-imagine that?)and since our "transaction" was cancelled, I can't leave any feedback.
The entire thing left a bad taste in my mouth and I doubt I'll ever buy anything through GunBroker again.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Too bad it went that way for you. I have only purchased two pistols through GBroker auctions, and both were excellent transactions, at a really low price. New SIG SP2022 for $341 (plus ship.), and a new Glock G38 for $400 + ship. Cheers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well i found 3 m40-a1 through armslist.com. The first guy refused to ship. The next guy was willing to trade me for my m9 plus some cash and now wont return my messages. So i assume he sold it. The other guy is only about 45 min from me and hes asking too much for it and is terrible at getting back to me. I guess ill be waiting longer. I heard a rumor that there are new steyr models comming out next month. Does anyone have more info on new models?

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you have Cabella's nearby, they list some of the different Steyr pistols in their website.
A different listing than the Frankensteyr.

I am not sure if they have it in stock or not but it is worth checking or at least call them.

No, I am not working for them.

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you for posting this link to cabelas. I have checked that site for an M40-A1 and its not been on there. I checked it yesterday. Its good to see that they offer them now but I cant get an answer from anyone at cabelas as to which stores if any have them instock. They have a stupid policy now about answering any question about guns or ammo. You have to physically go to the store and ask about stock. I called the main line and they wouldnt let me talk to anyone in the department. I then called the gun library number and luckily the guy that answered was willing to check to see if they had the M40 in stock. He said they didnt and thats all he could do for me. I even called their 800 number and they told me they couldnt check to see which stores have it. WTF

Im hoping that there are people on this forum that read this and can find a M40-A1 at thier local cabelas and let me know. I believe if I can find one at a cabelas they will ship it to my store for free. HELP!

It is in my signature, it has the "PW ARMS ..." engraved on it.
Date code is like May 2004 (SOF) something like that.
Serial number start with 04.
By the way, there are a lot of information here on this.

Not sure if the link works:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoo...=SBC;MMcat104792580;cat105526980;cat105529680

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure about other sources, but getting the weapon on your Wish List at BudsGunShop.com will pay off if you're patient. I picked up my M40-A1 and S-A1 in 9mmx19 in December by perching on Bud's website every day. I had the M-9A1 on my Bud's wish list, got the e-mail this afternoon, and just ordered one with an expected arrival date sometime in the 2nd week of April. Not sure about the forum's opinion of Bud's, but I've been impressed with all of my transactions. Hope your search ends fruitfully. I absolutely love my M40-A1.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Drizcol,

I am thinking of selling my M40-A1 if you are still interested. I has a BT guide rod already installed in it. Just send me a PM and let me know.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Where are you at? The LGS where I ordered my S40A1 had two M40A1s in stock.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts