Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Gen 1 M357 that I bought in mid-2000s. I understand that they were always rare, and now are nearly impossible to find. What's the value of that gun right now?

Revolver Plant Air gun Houseplant Trigger

·
Registered
322 Posts
Agree with case. Just want to add a couple of points.
1 it is hard to find a m357 in a good condition these day.
2 this is a gen 1. It has proprietary rail. Not as desirable as gen 2 with pict rail imho.
3 9mm and 45 acp are more popular. Then 40sw. 357 sig has less shooter. I got a m40a1 and bought an aftermarket 357 sig barrel.
Imho, $600-650 are good starting price. $800 is reasonable. Over $800, you need to have a buyer who know and like steyr pistol and in like new condition. But every w gen 2 you prob going to get extra $50.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I saw a Gen 1 at my LGS yesterday tag had $650 on it IIRC. I was picking up an M357-A1 from a gunbroker auction. I got mine for $765 and came with 4 extra mags, dpms recoil reduction spring set and a left handed kydex holster which as a lefty I just couldn't believe could be true when I saw the pics. I won't use it, I'll never put a Steyr in anything but leather. Still cool to have it as part of the whole package. If the Gen 1 is one I know of this LGS has had it a few years. I'm not a collector so it doesn't interest me one bit but could be of interest to someone who is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw a Gen 1 at my LGS yesterday tag had $650 on it IIRC. I was picking up an M357-A1 from a gunbroker auction. I got mine for $765 and came with 4 extra mags, dpms recoil reduction spring set and a left handed kydex holster which as a lefty I just couldn't believe could be true when I saw the pics. I won't use it, I'll never put a Steyr in anything but leather. Still cool to have it as part of the whole package. If the Gen 1 is one I know of this LGS has had it a few years. I'm not a collector so it doesn't interest me one bit but could be of interest to someone who is.
I watched that action and fell asleep so you stole it from me, lol. Nice Deal! I got lucky and found one unfired NIB Gen 4 M357-A1 for $790. Just ordered the DPM recoil spring for $70 and two extra used mags at $30 each. You definitely got a great deal. I guess it’s not a bad trade off for me as mine is NIB. The Slide is actually going on the new M9-A2 frame. I found a L357 Sig conversion barrel too. It’ll extend a half inch pass the muzzle and I’m having that section Mag-na-ported for some compensation to make this beauty shoot even flatter yet.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Lol too funny. You definitely missed a nice gun. It's in beautiful shape. I ordered Big Taco's delrin cups for the striker and when I opened it up they were already installed. :)
It has XS sights on it and they kind of suck so they are going to be swapped out. Was hoping to buy that slide plate in another post here but never heard from the guy and it looks like he sold it to someone else. I guess if I go that route I'll get another Outer Impact plate. Otherwise I have TruGlo TFX on two others and those sights have been spot on for me. What letter code is yours? Mine is NWF which is March 2014 and I have seen it stated that year is the last year they were made. Curious to know if it was part of the last run Steyr did of them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lol too funny. You definitely missed a nice gun. It's in beautiful shape. I ordered Big Taco's delrin cups for the striker and when I opened it up they were already installed. :)
It has XS sights on it and they kind of suck so they are going to be swapped out. Was hoping to buy that slide plate in another post here but never heard from the guy and it looks like he sold it to someone else. I guess if I go that route I'll get another Outer Impact plate. Otherwise I have TruGlo TFX on two others and those sights have been spot on for me. What letter code is yours? Mine is NWF which is March 2014 and I have seen it stated that year is the last year they were made. Curious to know if it was part of the last run Steyr did of them.
Mine is currently at my FFL so I’ll have to check but it’s definitely gen 4. Are you referring to a optic plate? And what’s Big Taco's delrin cups?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Mine is currently at my FFL so I’ll have to check but it’s definitely gen 4. Are you referring to a optic plate? And what’s Big Taco's delrin cups?
Yes Outer Impact makes Optic Plates. I have one on my converted L40.

The Delrin Cups, or Glide Rite Striker Spring Guide Rod, go inside your striker spring. All my Steyr's have them now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts