Steyr M-series pistols in the movies???

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by ronin67, Dec 20, 2006.

1. ronin67

ronin67 Guest

I was just wondering if there are any movies or TV shows where the good or bad guys use Steyr M-series pistols :?: You always see Glocks, Sigs, or H&K pistols in movies and TV. How about Steyr pistols?

Take Care and God Bless!

Ronin

2. spokes

spokes New Member

I did see one in a movie several weeks ago. The bad guy had the Steyr.
    It was on a air plane going down. I forgot who the actors were or the name of the movie. I was shocked and replayed the scene over to make sure my eyes were not playing tricks on me.

3. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

4. FightDesigner

FightDesigner Member

I've been gun wrangler on a couple indie films, and run a small prop weapons rental business in Seattle. Haven't gotten to use a Steyr M yet, and I don't have the gunsmithing chops (or connections) to get a restrictor barrel for use with blanks, but I did pick up a Steyr M series aluminum dummy gun (the kind they use for making holsters) figuring I'll paint it black and use it in a film sometime, just for kicks.

5. Narsil

Narsil Premium Member

LIFE!!

GIVE THIS THREAD LIFE!!

<cue maniacal Dr. Frankensteinian laughter>

I just saw a Steyr M-A1 in the movie "From Paris With Love." The protagonist uses one in the climactic scene to shoot the woman he loves in the forehead immediately before she can trigger her explosive vest. Umm...yeah...really.

Digging through the archive sometimes makes you feel stupid...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011