Steyr M-A1 Ad

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Wulf, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hi Guys :)

Was messin' round tryin' to think of a good ad for Steyr. Ya ever do that? I mean just think what's it gonna take to make people wake up to these little beauties and somewhere down the line they'll be a great success and we'll have more levity with the aftermarket industry like the XD's and M&P's do? Hell, even the Glocks! Trigger jobs, stainless steel recoil spring guides, night sights, holsters, hicap mags...stuff like that. Anyway, here's what I came up with.

[​IMG]

IMHO, not bad for an amateur. <shrug> Wulf <-- A legend in his own mind. 8) Anybody else got any ideas for a good ad for SAI? After all, it is up to them to make or break us here in the good ol' US of A. I fig'r if we can flood the market with some pretty catchy ads then we can step up to the plate with the big boys and swing away. We may even get more support from the aftermarket people. Chime in! :p Whataya got to loose? 8-O Oh well, just a though. <shrug> Hava good week.

Wulf

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

looks pixelated cant see the steyr hardly.

if you say so but A for effort

I am lousy with image making and manipulation myself

maybe aim and pull the trigger to know it?

3. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Yeah, MrApathy :p

Good one!

Works for me. 8) I actually don't have a good image editor to bring out the artist in me. :oops: Anybody else?

Wulf

4. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

look into GIMP: Gnu Image Manipulation program
    its open source.

natively linux but an adapter availible to install some windows ports. lots of free tutorials on how to use gimp.

5. icecreamman

icecreamman Guest

i really like ready aim steyr though

memorable and to the point (no pun intended)

6. Tancred

Tancred Guest

Folks,

I've spent plenty of time thinking about it already. Sorry, but I can't reveal my ideas. This is the type of product many creative types would love to put in their portfolios. And I've been in the business long enough to know that your ideas are everything. Maybe someday Steyr will take me up on my offer to work with them.

Tancred

7. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Tancred...

What a fu**in' tease! :eek: Very cruel post. :roll: So, let me get this straight...you're a multigalactic-pandimensional pro-ad-Dude, you have a kick**s ad campaign all worked out and waiting in the isles, Jack Riddle at Steyr isn't interested and you don't wanna share it with us. That about it? Zat what you're talkin' bout? 8-O Well, I got only one thing to say about that!!! :x

PM me.

:wink:

Wulf

8. Tancred

Tancred Guest

Wulf,

Against my better judgement, I'll throw out this little tidbit:

Imagine a nice shot of a S9A-1 with a headline that reads:

The kick you'll get out of it won't be due to its low bore axis.

And that's all I'm going to say. The rest are state secrets.

Tancred

9. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hmmm...

Wulf <-- kickin' it around in his head...wrappin' his mind around it...smell of machinery burnin'....

Bravo, Tancred! Bravo! Wonderful! Ser gut! That's great! I begin to understand your concern about someone snakin' your money makin' idears. Also, I can see how open this campaign really is. There are endless enuendos and catch phrases to explore. Soooo much food for thought. Thanx for sharin'. 8-O Anyone else?

Wulf

10. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

How bout

:p

How's that one? 8-O

Wulf <-- onna roll

Tell 'im what he won, Bob! :wink:

Or, better yet...

:oops:

Sorry, I tend to get a bit carried away when it comes to my M-A1. <shrug>

Next?

11. Tancred

Tancred Guest

Don't try this at home. I'm a professional :)

12. soapyballs

soapyballs Member

How about "Steyr Handguns, a diffrent point of view /_\".

13. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Yeah, Soapy! :p

Fu**in'-A good one, Bro. Das what I'm talkin' bout! Keep 'em comin'...keep 'em comin', Boys. 8)

Wulf

14. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

[​IMG]
    duh duh..
    duh duh..
    duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh

15. Guest

Guest Guest

I have been trying to lobby the MA-1 in the game I'm working. I was able to convince to get the TMP made :twisted:

http://www.mercs2.com/

16. tglahn17

tglahn17 Member

Holy cow!

MrApathy, are you using Linux, too? Linux and Steyr must put us in a barely measureable sliver of the world demographics Venn diagram. Nice ad. It looks like your front sight is absolutely stone cold dead centered over your bore. On my M9A1, the front sight is about half a millimeter off to one side. It has no effect on my shooting, but I was wondering if I could center it myself without damaging the gun. Is that possible? Thanks,

17. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

have used linux since 1999. phased windows out but then I got interested in design and machining work so I had to put that back on for cad programs.

Slackware user myself
    [​IMG]

not sure what sight pusher would work for front sight. pin punch may work carefull not to damage the finish. slow and light taps. if your not crafty may be best to look for smith though inquire about price first.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

I would suggest this modification: Pick one up and feel the difference... Shoot it and you'll see why.

The above is offered in the public domain, with no rights reserved.

19. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

As a professional Graphic Designer I gotta say If it ain't broke, don't fix it :p

Steyr currently has one of the best print advertising campaigns I've ever seen for a gun company.

20. ScottW

ScottW Guest

I do like the "Ready Aim Steyr" though. Sweet. :lol: