Steyr M-A1 40S&W

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Guest, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey dudes, new to this forum..I recently looked at the Steyr M-A1 in 40 S&W. I don't have a 40 and I am considering this as my next purchase. I found one at the local gun shop for $499.00+Tax the shop manager said they are awesome pistols. The gun felt great in my hand and this gun seemed well worth the $499 price tag. I am a big Ruger and Sig Sauer fan.... however I am not fond of Glocks...this Steyr seemed like a better overall carry weapon that the Glock...any info is apprecaited :wink: :wink: :wink:

2. drsmith58

drsmith58 New Member

MA1

I bought mine in early May on line+FFL+shipping was $479 total. There are numerous range reports in the forums. Low bore axis, half the trigger pull of a stock Glock, accurate the MA1 is a pleasure to shoot. The only questionable side is the trap sights- most either love'm or hate'm not many in between, stick with them they'll grow on ya.

Good Luck

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

The M40A1 is an EXCELLENT choice, but don't pay $499+tax for it. Order it online - it will take like 3 days to get and you will have saved enough on the purchase to get a decent holster or a few boxes of ammo.

4. madecov

madecov Active Member

$500.00 is a bit high. It is a great gun. I love mine

5. tglahn17

tglahn17 Member

6. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

it may not be much less with dealer transfer fee
    may save enough for a magazine or two depending on the price.
    cdnninvestments still has 10 round mags for $10
    can find normal cap mags for $20-$25 but got shipping

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks but I want one with the 12 round 40S&W, all these guns show the 10rd mag, any ideas ??

8. flyandscuba

flyandscuba Guest

9. madecov

madecov Active Member

All MA1 series guns should be available with standard capacity magazines.
    The 10 round "packaging" was just recently introduced for those states that still have a ban on anything over 10 rounds.

BTW, at this time prices seem to have stabalized on the MA1's. There was a time when the 9mm was around $25.00 less than a 40 and a 357 was $10.00 more. Now my distributor has all 3 at the same wholesale.

10. michiana

michiana Guest

CDNN has them right now for $339 plus $23 shipping to your FFL. Just bought one this weekend. FFL transfer fee should be less then $25 one way or you are getting ripped off. I am a FFL and charge $20 one way and $35 for handling a two way trade. I bought the 40 s&w.

11. dralarms

dralarms Guest

I'm new to the Steyr firearm as well. I bought one yesterday for 369.99 in a local gun store.

12. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Great buy. At $500 I would go CDNN.

13. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Welcome to the club. You'll love the gun.

14. tommydagunz

tommydagunz New Member

I just bought a M40-A1 last week... at Cabela's. What a pretty gun...I like the grip feels better than a glock. I'm impressed and look forward to shooting in the near future...I have a box of Law Enforcment rounds just begging to be shot..

15. kf1122

kf1122 New Member

the gun counter at Cabela's in Buda, TX and we're selling M-A1's for $369.99+tax. pretty good deal, especially if FBI NICS lets you walk out with it day of

16. minus

minus New Member

That is where I got my M9-A1. By the time I would have paid CDNN I got off cheaper.

17. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I got an M9-A1 2 weeks ago for $349 + $22 shipping to my FFL from CDNN with 2 15-round mags. They appear to be shipping now with 1 mag, but you can ask if you call them.