Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can buy recoil springs in the US for a Steyr L9 A1?

I prefer a metallic guide rod with a flat wire spring.

Also, does anyone have experience with the DPM system for the L9?

Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I believe Big Taco has flat wound springs available on his steel guide rods. Haven't seen them but I have used his delrin collar for the trigger and it's great, so I wouldn't hesitate to get one of his guide rod assemblies.

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Big Taco makes great Steyr accessories including the guide rods. He makes them for the L9. Just email or call him. His website is BT guide rods. http://btguiderods.com
Hi to all,
I am brand new to the Steyr forum, just got my L9-A1 a couple of days ago. I like it in general, grip angle, bore axis, trapezoid sights. However, I need to work on the trigger to get the most out of the gun. The trigger is kind of OK as of comparing it to other out of the box striker fire guns but definitely not what I want it to have. The Walther PPQ M2 trigger beats the L9-A1 by a good margin, furthermore. APEX Tactical makes excellent after market parts for it to get it to almost 1911 territory. That is where I want to see my Steyr to end up. I have a S&W M&P Pro with APEX trigger components and it is light, crisp, no creep, extremely short reset. It is my gun for IPSC Standard Division, I live in Canada hence the IPSC naming as opposed to USPSA.

I want to make the Steyr L9-A1 into my IPSC Production Division handgun. For that I need to do a "magic" on the action. Creep has to be gone, there is some now, trigger pull needs to be lightened by a good margin while reliability has to stay at 100%. I am quite good as a gunsmith, I used to be an armourer, have tools and understanding about firearms. What I do not have is good after market parts for the Steyr. So far the only source is BT that I can find. I like his firing spring insert and his findings about what to tweak inside the action. I have already done some polishing and a bit of lightening the original striker spring. There has already been some improvement achieved as opposed to the out of box state.I am going to get BT's firing spring insert and the Lee spring to experiment with. I wrote to him for info on guide rod availability, he does not list any for the L9-A1 just for the shorter guns.

What I am hoping for is that someone. like APEX Tactical, will actually pay attention to the Steyr pistols like they do for Glocks, Walther PPQs and S&P M&P series. Till that happen I need to squeeze every bit out of the original parts with polishing and tweaking of the various spring components. I'll keep a close eye on this forum for further ideas and will report back later with my own results when I'll feel that I reached the plateau with original parts. By the way, can anyone point me to the source of Steyr factory parts? As I said I live in Canada now but have a property in Iowa as well, so I am on both sides of the border for parts.

Best to all, AIK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts