Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick overview of the new model Steyr L9-A1
[video=youtube;tj9Vbzsvc1s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj9Vbzsvc1s[/video]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Interesting couple of tweeks made on the L series. I think the price point is good too. Time to save up more money to get one???

·
Registered
72 Posts
Will the M9-A1 threaded barrel still work with this pistol, or am I going to have to get a whole new threaded barrel if I get the L9-A1? Major turnoff if its the latter

·
Registered
110 Posts
hello,
after waiting for this gun its finally here. hopefully by the time i get home to the philippines it will be available. also, i hope steyr solved their problems with this new gun. the last one i had was a m9a1,had a broken firing pin. as for reliability, it ran flawlessly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Will the M9-A1 threaded barrel still work with this pistol, or am I going to have to get a whole new threaded barrel if I get the L9-A1? Major turnoff if its the latter
Since this pistol has a longer slide, I doubt a threaded barrel for a regular M9-A1 will work.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I really want to add to my Steyr S9-A1 but I am taking a wait-and-see attitude toward the L model. If complaints similar to those of earlier M,S,C units surface I won't buy it as much as I would like another Steyr. Steyr builds a beautiful handgun. No reason it should not be 100% reliable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Very interesting just 1/2 inch longer than a M. I was thinking about getting a 9mm to go with my M40-A1, just makes the decision on which one harder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
From what I understand, the pair of L9s at SHOT are the only 2 in USA right now. While I wish they'd make a 5.25" gun for IDPA/USPSA, I can't wait to try the L9. Phil at Trellix Tactical in Plano TX has pre-ordered the first 50 guns, so if you want one, it might be worthwhile contacting him and getting on the wait list.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey man , do you know where i could get a holster for my m9 a1 in the Philippines, the KING COBRA one as seen on youtube?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm just hoping they bring the reversible magazine catch over to the C series... I know the new 17rd M magazines have ambi cutouts, so it seems to be part of their longer-term plan.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts