Steyr L40-Al Level 2 Duty Holster

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by Bagosav, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Bagosav

Bagosav New Member

Does anyone know of a company out there that makes a left handed level 2 duty holster for the Steyr L40 A1? I am a level 3 security officer in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and I am required to have a level 2 duty holster. Right now the duty weapon I carry is a Steyr M40-A1. The holster I have is a Sickenger Cop. Both are great. In my opinion Steyr is the best. I would love to upgrade to the Steyr L40-A1, but can't seem to find a duty holster for it. If I could find one, I would carry the L40-A1 in a heartbeat. I have looked at all the major companies, and even tried searching for custom companies, with no luck. Awhile back Blade-Tech was making duty holsters for the L-A1 series, but they were only available in right hand, and then the company stopped making them all together. I know some people have had luck with certain model Safariland holsters being able to accommodate a Steyr. Is there a level 2 Safariland holster for another handgun that will also work with the L40-A1? If I can't find anything, then I guess I'll just stick to the setup I already have. Thanks in advance for any responses!

2. Rotorflyr

Rotorflyr Member

Not familiar with the holster you have now, but if it's open bottom then the L should still fit in it with a little bit of the slide protruding from the bottom.

3. Two Mikes

Two Mikes Member

I had tried the Safariland Steyr M level 2 duty. It does NOT fit the current Steyr gen.