Steyr Hunting Rifle Commercial

Discussion in 'Other Rifles' started by Guest, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I was flipping channels on TV the other day, and surprised to see a Steyr bolt action rifle commercial on the Outdoor Channel. Anyone else catch this?

2. alagator

alagator New Member

I hope that means Steyr is about to try another push into the market, at least for hunting rifles. The timing is good-- they could go after Beretta's Sako and Tikka niche. After Beretta's poor handling of the stainless barrel kaboom fiasco, the shelves in Alabama are empty of these Euro-guns. At least they won't be playing marketing catch-up with Glock. Unfortunately, our local shops say that once the on-hand supply of Prohunters is sold, the new rifles will reflect the dollar's weak position versus the Euro. I grabbed a new/old Prohunter Mountain last week for $599 plus tax. One of my buddies has the same model, same caliber, and some days he can cover his 100 yard groups with a dime. I wish everybody would buy one-- a big customer base would mean better service.

3. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

Well, the reality is that when you are at the top...there is only one direction you can go and that is down. I hope that I am wrong, but history has proven otherwise.