Steyr Has the New S-A1 !

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by raul1427, Nov 18, 2007.

1. raul1427

raul1427 Guest

2. madecov

madecov Active Member

Good find.
    Looking at the dimensions the 40 is a bit larger by 4mm in length and a bit heavier.
    Both are still listed as 0 round capacity. I would have thought the S9A1 would have at least 12 rounds.

3. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

....hmmmm.....

The serial number and date code on that pistol suggest a July 2002 production....

I don't believe this to be the 'latest and greatest' round of Steyr Sidearms....

...No mention the new Mannox finish anywhere....

:? :?

4. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

This appears to be the same pages that were up on the site earlier when that first shipment of S9A1s arrived about a year ago and were all snapped up quicker than cold beer at a stand on the edge of the Mojave Desert.

I surmise that they took these pages down while there were none available and now they're ready to send more. One can hope so anyway. Of course, all of the above is just sheer speculation. All I can really say for sure is the SA1 pages were there until late 2006 or early 2007, then they were gone and now they're back. We shall see.

Also of note, these SA1 pages are on the Steyr-Mannlicher site which serves Europe, and we know that S9A1s are being sold outside of the U.S. because one of our Steyroids from Montevideo, Uruguay (spelling?) has got one. I checked the SteyrArms site and there's not a word about the SA1 series to be found. Who knows what it means?

I just hope by the time the next shipment arrives, I'll have enough saved up for my brand spanking new S357-A1! :mrgreen:

5. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Patiently waiting for a S45A1 companion for my S9A1.....

6. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

Patiently waiting for an S10A1 companion for my S40.....

:D

7. IrkedCitizen

IrkedCitizen New Member

Those have been on the main Steyr site for a long time. That isn't the website for Steyr Arms which is the distributor for North America. When it is posted on http://www.steyrarms.com then I would start to think there are more available. But sadly the S-A1 is not on SAI's website.

8. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

You BOTH better have an abundance of patience!!!!!

Best 2 you....

:wink: :wink:

9. DDSheffield

DDSheffield New Member

Just talked to Jeff at SAI about my gun and thought I'd ask when they are comming to the states... As of now they will be here late spring of '08. Sweet I want the s40 as soon as they hit.

10. AllenTC2

AllenTC2 New Member

Okay, so I have on order a holster from High Noon......will 10mm in diferent barrel length (102 for the M9A1 vs 92 for the S9A1) make a huge difference in the holster? Would the S9A1 fit in there?

11. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I suspect you can put any "S" pistol in an "M" holster so long as you don't mix up the "A1" and "Non A1" series.......

Cheers

12. AllenTC2

AllenTC2 New Member

Awesome, thanks!! :D

13. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Patiently waiting for the M45 A1

14. NicoX

NicoX New Member

Netfotoj, U spell it correctly.

Here is my S9-A1 (10+1) and my M9-A1 (15+1) with manual safety ON and the Hogue grip (in the S I cut it)

[​IMG]

Here we don`t have in 40 S&W and 357 SIG, only 9mm

15. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

So there's two things our Steyroid friends in the southern hemisphere can get that we can't get here, a manual safety for the MA1 and an SA1 of any flavor. Count your blessings.

The only S9A1s that made it into the U.S. came in a very small shipment, some reports said as few as a dozen, early this year. They were snapped up faster than flapjacks off the griddle and none have been seen since.

Now the latest word is next spring for new MA1s or SA1s. And the wait goes on and on... :roll:

16. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

I'm thinking about buying a M9A1 and shortening the grip to S length to match my S9A1.

I don't need the extra grip length and it would conceal better.
    Also I hate the finger grooves and modding the S seems like a sin.

17. NicoX

NicoX New Member

the barrell to concealing the gun don´t care for me..
    the good thing of the S that I notice, that when U carry it get lost with the 10 mag, in my case of course..

the good thing is that they shoot equal, U can find the M more confortable because it´s more big, and the hand is all in your grip very confortable..

I buy first my S9-A1, and a friend of mine, (Marc_ax in the forum) buy the M9-A1, so I love it to much that I need to have one :)

The resume is that, if any of U are carrying the M-A1 and U fill confortable, the S is unncessary

18. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Agreed Nico.
    But I'm a small guy, so the shorter grip helps hide it.
    I've decided to suck it up and modify the S9A1.

19. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

I did give the board a heads up :lol: Can't say I didn't warn ya. The other 10 listed on Davidsons went in less than 48 hours after I posted that. :twisted:

[​IMG]

20. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

I still owe you a beer for that TB :wink: