Steyr / Glock Complexity

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Sinjin, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Sinjin

Sinjin Guest

I was just wondering how difficult it is to work on a M9-A1 as compared to a Glock. I have taken apart my friends Glock several times, so I am sort of familiar with the difficulty level. Is the Steyr more or less complex inside?

2. Garys4598

Garys4598 Premium Member

You need to open up the Home page of this website (https://www.steyrclub.com/index.php) and read all the Tutorials / Articles / Manuals for the Steyr MA-1 series pistols. Since you already have experience and knowledge with the Glock format, you will likely quickly discern that the Steyr format is a bit more complex; more parts!

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

The link Gary provided will be the most helpful in deciding for yourself how difficult your M-A1 will be to work on, but FWIW I had zero troubles disassembling mine and putting it back together and it was the first (and only :shock:) firearm I had ever completely taken apart.

4. m00t

m00t New Member

Also FWIW, I took mine down completely on the night I got it - sear mechanism, firing pin, extractor - everything. My only other experience is a ruger 10-22, but I still got everything back together fine, even after going to a friends house for dinner while it was still torn apart ^_^

I gotta say I love the whole idea of having a steel subframe...

5. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

It is a bit more complex, but not difficult and the instruction provided on this site are excellent and the advise/help if you got stuck would be here, so give her a go.............