Steyr Club Forums banner
5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  ParaMilent 
#1 ·
Hello everyone:

I want to renew the rear sight of my Steyr GB, and I don't know what brand and model fits my pistol.
Someone has installed in the Styer GB, sights designed for another handgun?
thank you in advance.

#2 ·
I dont know of any that will fit, Best thing is to paint it.

#6 ·
I've never heard of this painting, but my idea is to improve the visibility of the sights, especially in low light conditions.
In relation to the pistol, I will send it to a gunsmith, for restoration to original color.
In this process the armorer won't use paint, instead he will use the bluing process.

#8 ·
I have repainted my sights with paint made for such a purpose, local gun store. I have also heard of people using white out.
I found just the bright white to work well, the glow paint did not last.
As far as I know there is no alternative for sights for this pistol.

And I would never paint the whole gun. Left blue and with the crinkle finish is the best and only way to go!

#11 ·
I contacted "Tooltechgunsight", they made the sights for Trijicon and this was their response:

"Hello, we can make a custom rear for the Steyr GB. The cost would be $130.00 for a new rear with two Trijicon tritium vials and white rings. We would need your slide with the current sights on it. This cost does not include return shipping. You can find all the information as far as shipping costs, address and supplying payment on our 'SHIPPING' page on our website. Please feel free to contact me again if you have any other questions. If you decide to send in your slide, please include a copy of this email as well. Thank you and have a great day...Susan "

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.