Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a replacement spring for the GB mag. I can't find any on the web, but given all the different mags on the market, has anybody found a replacement? Even if there is some mods needed, I'm just looking for one that will function properly.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Hiya TEX* :)

Hey, post a pic o' your mag spring an' I'll check w/ gunsprings.com (Wolff). They may hava xover that'll work. Better yet, give 'em a call at 610-359-9600.

I would think that one of their 18-rd mag springs would work for ya. <shrug>

Let me know.

Take care, Bro, an' happy holidays!

Wulf <-- goin' back out ta shovel more snow *sigh*

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts

I emailed Wolff yesterday and this is their reply from techsup this mornin':

TechSup said:
Sorry for the short reply but we currently offer no springs for your application. There are no plans in the immediate future for production of Steyr springs.
Sorry bout that. *sigh*

But, don't give up! Post a good pic o' that mag spring and we maybe can find a xover from a more modern semi-auto pistol mag like Glock or HK. :thumbsup:

...and, not all our Bros have read your post yet and one is bound to have an answer for ya.

Ciao. :cool:

Wulf <-- tryin' ta thaw-out 'is froze-a*ssed water pipe :mad:

·
Registered
632 Posts
I want a GB so bad, but with the lack of availability of parts it would make me scared to shoot it even for the price you have to drop for one.

If I had the money I'd just buy up everything I could to help others out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
12-17-12_1430.jpg

OAL 10.75"
Wire Diam. .048"
Coil Width .682"
Coil Depth 1.140"
Number of full coils 13

Hope someone comes up with a good sub. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts

I forwarded the info back to Wolff TechSup.

I'll let ya know.

Take care.

Wulf <-- hopin' ta locate the appropriate xover mag spring to add to a Steyrclub Sticky :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anybody got a 17 or 20 round Glock mag they can take apart and check the size of the spring?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts