Steyr GB decocking lever needed

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by TexasTan, Jul 16, 2017.

1. TexasTan

TexasTan New Member

Does anyone know where I can get a hold of a decocking lever for Steyr GB without buying a whole pistol? I managed to pick up one with a spur hammer but a damaged lever for under $500 so I'm hoping to make it whole again. Any help is appreciated Gents. 20170715_211409.jpg

2. b_minus

b_minus Member

Might be a long shot, but have you called Steyr customer service?

3. TexasTan

TexasTan New Member

Honestly no, I figured they wouldn't be able to help since they no longer produce GBs. I may give them a ring tomorrow if you think it'll help.

4. b_minus

b_minus Member

Hey Texas, I've been thinking about your dilemma. If you are unable to find a replacement, what about repairing your broken lever. From looking at the photo, this could be possible. Find a competent machinist, preferably a "old school" "toolmaker" or "tool and die" machinist and have him build back the busted chunk by welding. Then machine it back into shape. It might cost a few bucks, but you'd have you lever back. You might also need to have it re-blued. There used to be gun smiths that could do this kind of work, but they are hard to find.

5. TexasTan

TexasTan New Member

That's the current plan. I have an old head gun smith from Cali that is going to take a look at it. I'll update post when I get work done. Until then I'll just have to get me another Steyr to comfort me in these dark times.

b_minus likes this.