Steyr compensated barrels

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Guest, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Anyone have any idea about steyr barrels with muzzle breaks or compensated barrels?

2. RangerM9

RangerM9 New Member

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I need to start saving my pennies up. I would love to get a longer compensated barrel for my Steyr.

4. hihoslva

hihoslva New Member

Just remember fellas - while a compensated/ported barrel can help reduce muzzle flip and make for more accurate follow-up shots & double taps, it's not a great idea for personal protection.

Chances are any encounter will be at night. And the flash from a ported barrel will blind you in low-light. So the follow-up shots might be more accurate, but you won't be able to see what you're aiming at anyway.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I can attest to the amount of muzzle flash you get with a compensated pistol. I was at an indoor range when a guy was shooting his Comped 1911 chambered in .38 super!!! The fireball out of that this was very impressibe, and extremely loud. It made my fricking head hurt and I was 20 yards away. I was wearing custom silicone earplugs and really good ear muffs.

I would buy a compensated barrel more to have fun at the range then hoping to carry it.

6. FightDesigner

FightDesigner New Member

I'd actually be interested in getting a threaded barrel just so I could have someone make a restricter disguised as a compensator... then I could use an M9 or M40 with blanks for movies instead of using the plugged barrel cheapies I usually use...