Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back I purchased the Steyr L9 A2 MF and was completely awed by it. I've been the owner of a GB since 83/84 and that pistol impressed me a lot, so I figured to upgrade.
I've put about 500 rounds thru the L9 now without any problems, which is what I expected since the GB has never missed a beat even when we experimented with light loads of 158gr. semi wad cutters. ..........that's a story for another time. :LOL:
So in deciding I needed a few spare parts to put back for the "just in case" and believing you can never have enough magazines, I ordered parts and magazines from Steyr Arms. This was after I discovered they offered a discount for Veterans, First Responders, etc. This discount is 20% and actually a bit more. I was so impressed with the fact that they thought enough of Veterans, First Responders, etc. that I began looking at the Compact version of the L9. While looking and pricing the C9 I got an email ad from Palmetto State Armory showing they were selling the C9 for $449.99. Damn, I could not turn it down. Less than $500 tax and to my FFL guy.
I haven't shot it yet, but it sure looks nice. I expected it to be slightly larger in size than it is, so that was a nice surprise to find that it really is compact.
So once again, Steyr Arms has impressed me with awesome pistols. Oh, and their parts are 2nd day air to you for around $10 shipping.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just purchased the C9-A2 from PSA at $449 how could you go wrong ? That's cost from the factory I believe. I had a C9-A1, 2 of them actually but after 1000rds both had ejector issues. They say that C9-A2 won't do that which I really hope so.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got out recently and shot mine...............I am sooooo impressed.
I talked to the Armorer at Steyr and he said the A2's have zero issues with ejectors. He said the old issues were corrected with the A2's. The only "spare" parts I picked up for mine were magazines, recoils springs/rods, and a firing pin with springs for the L9 and the C9.
At approximately 30' my handloads of fmj are impressive both pistols. I've never been to good at double tapping, being a former Bullseye shooter, but with the Steyr A2's at 30' let me do 3" to 4" double taps. I know many can do better than that but for a 70yr. old with aging eyes, I impressed myself. LOL
A friend I shoot with from time to time is a Sig shooter. When she saw the L9 she was rather impressed, but when she saw and held the C9 her words were, this damn thing is cute, I want one. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts