Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone , new member here :)

i would like to ask you some information about the modernization of the AUG A1.

I see all those videos on youtube about handguards and picatiny rails that go on A3 rifles and i wonder if these upgrades can be done on an A1. (i have no experience on AUGs and i dont know much , only thing i know is that A3 has a picatiny rail and A1 has the classic fixed scope)

Is there a way to remove the fixed scope from an A1 and put a picatiny rail on it?
If so , which brands/items are compatible for this upgrade?

Finally if you know of other items that can be put on an A1 to upgrade it you can mention them also (whatever upgrade can be done).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone , new member here :)

i would like to ask you some information about the modernization of the AUG A1.

I see all those videos on youtube about handguards and picatiny rails that go on A3 rifles and i wonder if these upgrades can be done on an A1. (i have no experience on AUGs and i dont know much , only thing i know is that A3 has a picatiny rail and A1 has the classic fixed scope)

Is there a way to remove the fixed scope from an A1 and put a picatiny rail on it?
If so , which brands/items are compatible for this upgrade?

Finally if you know of other items that can be put on an A1 to upgrade it you can mention them also (whatever upgrade can be done).

Thanks in advance!
Hey,
Just wanted to bump the topic, as I am interested in the same matter.
I would be grateful from experienced ones who knows the topic, maybe went through modernizing process and knows what works, what not.
take care :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts