Steyr at SHOT 2008

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by feinc, Oct 9, 2007.

1. feinc

feinc New Member

FYI - While getting ready for SHOT Show February 2008 (i.e. - Registrations, Motel Reservations, etc.) - I noticed that Steyr is listed as 2008 Exhibitor with a rather large booth (#24055 - 20' x 40') reserved for this upcoming event.

I and other Steyr dealers will keep everyone posted as we get closer to and during the Show !!! Should be interesting.

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I want my S357-A1! And my L- M- or S10-A1! And how 'bout a L- M- or S45-A1, too!

I just hope we don't have to wait until February for some new Steyr pistols.

Heck, if Steyr just shows up at SHOT 2008, that'll be a big improvement over the letdown of SHOT 2007. :mrgreen:

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

In fairness, they were going to be there in '07 but the company pretty much tore itself down and built itself back up in a week, so missing a show is understandable. '08 is definitely on for Steyr - we have it on good authority that quite a few of the SAI and S-M folks who care about Steyrclub the most will be there. 8)

4. IrkedCitizen

IrkedCitizen New Member

Where is this show taking place?

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Vegas. Industry show not open to general public, though it's not hard to land a pass.

6. IrkedCitizen

IrkedCitizen New Member

Ah. Right on. That would be kind of cool to go to. My Mother lives in Vegas so if I could somehow score a pass I wouldn't have to worry about lodging. :D

7. rlwood29

rlwood29 Guest

Well I sort of had the same thoughts; Vegas is a pretty fun place to visit, especially if you have some other “legitimate excuse”. I am pretty familiar with working trade shows and the credentials very from a friendly smile to a CIA security clearance. Just how hard is it to get credentials to the show? Is perhaps, an official standing as a Steyr Club sufficient?

8. feinc

feinc New Member

Check out the attendance rules listed for attendees on the website -

They (NSSF - Show Sponsor) have been getting stricter with the attendance policy over the past several years - It's a typical Trade Show and they do check credentials on occasion !!!

http://www.shotshow.com/

9. rlwood29

rlwood29 Guest

Thanks Fenic, that was very helpful. Doesn't look like the average firearm fan is going to be able to get in.

10. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Just gotta know someone in the industry and say "I work for him".

11. I'm sure they'll have the SA1s, but I'll be pretty shocked if they have a new pistol available.

More than likely they'll be pressing their SA1s and the new Mannox finish hard, which is pretty cool stuff.

Of course, you never know what will show-up at SHOT, which is part of the fun.

They'll probably also have a few AUG A3s on hand for LEO/MIL.

12. BadAndy

BadAndy New Member

New pistol: M5.7x28mm & and short grip M model or 4" barrel/slide S.

13. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

:sick:

That's what we need - a gun that virtually no one would buy chambered in a round that is hard to find, has the terminal ballistics of a .22WMR, and costs a fortune to feed. Ya, that would put Steyr back on the map with American shooters... :roll:

Something new - not another S, M, or even a "new" L - chambered in 9mm, 10mm, .357SIG, and .45ACP would be a much better step in the right direction and would offer something to virtually every semi-auto shooter.

14. BadAndy

BadAndy New Member

It was a joke!!! SHEESH!!!!!!!

15. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Would this could this be a hint????

I finally found that little RIA I have been wanting but should I wait?????

16. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

:silenced: :mrgreen:

But don't expect anything at SHOT 2008... :wall:

17. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Thanks I guess I will just call Sarco tommorw....

18. silver x0ne

silver x0ne New Member

I wouldn't mind seeing a steyr chambered in .45 =)

I might actually stop being cheap and buy another gun..!

19. You are one negative person Syntax.

I fully expect to see and learn a lot from Steyr at SHOT 2008.