Steyr Club Forums banner
40K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Soverign 
#1 ·
Today I got in the mail my ASG Airsoft Steyr M9 pistol.
I have been watching eBay for some time and they came back into stock.
So far so good. I have open the box, fondled it a bit, and read the brief instructions.
The piece is very well built, steel frame makes it heavier than a real unloaded pistol.

I like having this as a training option.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321169796217?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

See less See more
#2 ·
#5 ·
Trigger is long and smooth. Being a smooth bore barrel accuracy is 6" group at 20-25feet.
And the sights are molded into the slide. 3 dot only. Cant do anything with them.

Up close picture of the rear sight.
Peripheral Office equipment Gadget Input device Rectangle

Attachments

#6 ·
I wouldn't mind if one of the Japanese companies took a real crack at the design - a little more velocity, a little better accuracy (a KJW 226 can do better than 6" at 20 feet), a blowback design and replaceable mag (even if airsoft mags seem to be goshawful heavy). I have one of the BB guns, and it's not bad. The airsoft sounds like it's not bad. Now I'm ready for something really good if it ever pops up.

Or maybe I'm still dreaming of one of those Russian-market rubber bullet pistols.

#7 ·
Actually the velocity is up there for a pistol from what I can see.
As for the accuracy, this one is not supposed to be bad. Still I want it to practice instinctive shooting, no sights, hip fire and the like.
So far I am happy.

#9 ·
Not really, What I want to practice is typically 12' or less.
When I was plinking with it, I was getting shots on top of each other, that is the follow up round was hitting the diameter of the shot before it.
Cross winds can effect these 6mm pellets as they are only going 400-420 FPS out of a smooth bore.
So while my largest grouping was 6" I dont consider it bad, I never expected this to be a 15 yard 10 ringer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.