Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Electric blue Gadget Screenshot Darkness
What do you guys make of this? No optics cut slides but they’ll be offering aftermarket optics soon? Does that mean they aren’t going to offer any actual way to mount an optic? Maybe I’m interpreting this the wrong way lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m not sure, Steyr is hard to get information from. I was told they would sell frames awhile back, still none, actually worse now the frames are serialized. I have also been told they will sell extra slides, but that hasn’t come yet either. I believe they said optics ready would be the next generation. I’m going to guess maybe they will offer a milling service for aftermarket optics? But I am not sure. Here is why, he says aftermarket so maybe not a from factory milled slide. Unless he is saying they will use a dovetail mount there really isn’t another way to offer a optic and not mill it.
Communication Device Gadget Font Portable communications device Mobile device
Ok so I think it’s safe to say that they are releasing their own optic that will mount to the slide via the dove tail as that’s the only thing that makes sense to me if they’re releasing a optic that mounts to the current slide

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That already exists I bought one from outerimpact.com
yea but it sits past the chamfered edges and looks tacky. they said mid 2023 for an optic that would mount to the current slide so I'm hoping that it would at the very least be very minimalistic and flush/secure to the slide at the same time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts