Steyr A2 MF mags disassembly

Discussion in 'Maintenance / Tweaks / Technical Difficulties / So' started by SteyrPL, Sep 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. SteyrPL

SteyrPL New Member

Hi Guys,

What is a proper way do disassembly new A2 MF mags? Any adice?

2. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Very carefully or you will catch a Spring to the face.
    On the back of the mag you will see a metal L shap floorplate just sticking out behind the plastic for plate. Take a flat blade screwdriver and pull it toward you until you hear click. Then carefully slide the floor plate off. Keep it pointed away from you or the Spring will get you.

3. Case

Case Well-Known Member

If you like DM me I can walk you through it over the phone.
    Case at TnSteyr

4. SteyrPL

SteyrPL New Member

Thanks Case, I managed to open one of my old mags, but I got 2 brand new and I a bit struggle, but maybe its just tight. New mags are much quitere than old (when I press red plastic old ones do a laud click)

Rafal

Case likes this.
  5. SteyrPL

SteyrPL New Member

Ok, I think I got it now :) I did some practice and now I can do it without spring flying around. New mags just have longer spring, so I suppouse it will change after I will start using them.

cheers

Rafal

Case likes this.
  6. Case

Case Well-Known Member

I talked to SAI ,EU & USA About putting out a FYI About them . I had one get me . I think I did a FB video on it . I will add it to my list of upcoming videos . Now that there are more A2MF out and people are getting them .
    I did a write up on the mags of Which models use which and forward/ backwards compatible of them.

Michael Dobesch and SteyrPL like this.