Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Steyr, do they, or anyone know if in future products that Steyr make a 9mm Carbine?
by that I mean one similar to what Caracal is now doing with the CC10 9mm carbine that takes the same mags as the C/F pistols.
What I want is a 9mm carbine from Steyr that will take the 17rd mags from my C9.
Any luck for me or just wishful thinking?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Has Steyr, do they, or anyone know if in future products that Steyr make a 9mm Carbine?
by that I mean one similar to what Caracal is now doing with the CC10 9mm carbine that takes the same mags as the C/F pistols.
What I want is a 9mm carbine from Steyr that will take the 17rd mags from my C9.
Any luck for me or just wishful thinking?
Technically yes, if you get the butt stock for the pistol.

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
Caracal has a buttstock for their pistols as well. No, Steyr does not make a dedicated pistol caliber carbine. Who knows what the future holds, but Steyr isn't exactly known for dropping new stuff very often.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You're referring to something like the HiPoint carbine, correct ? (But obviously way, WAY, better)
If they do, ill be 1st in line...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, something like the new Caracal CC10 or the Beretta CX4 Storm.
I want a Steyr one like those that will take the same 17rd magazines I have for my Steyr Pistol like those ones do with their counterparts.
Just wondering if Steyr had one ... if and when they do I will consider getting one of those before investing in another system (not that I need to anyway so I have no problem waiting)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Steyr made 9mm conversion kits for the AUG, they took either the plastic mag designed for them or the steel MPi69/81 magazines. They show up for sale occasionally. Of course there also some MPi69/81 kits still out there for sale by owners, converted to semi auto only using a striker similar to a semi UZI they would make a fine little carbine if you had some basic machine tools to fabricate with.

http://www.steyr-aug.com/aug9mm.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts