Stainless Slide M-A1

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by smores, Apr 3, 2007.

1. smores

smores Guest

http://www.steyr-arms.at/index.php?id=89&L=1

Has anyone ever seen one of these stateside? I actually like this finish a lot. I know there's someone on here that had their slide hard chromed or something...

But I'm just wondering if anyone has ever seen a FACTORY stainless finish slide.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I'm about 99% sure there is no such thing - only a handful of people who sent their slides to Tripp to get them hardchromed.

3. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Pretty sexy. If I could get one of those, I might be forced to sell my dog and pawn my wife and buy my third MA1 or even better a new SA1 in chrome. :twisted:

I hope Mr. Steyr is reading the forum. I bet those chrome-slide bad boys would sell like hotcakes in the U.S. of A.

You could even fool somebody into thinking they weren't buying one of those much-maligned "plastic pistols." :mrgreen:

4. smores

smores Guest

That 2-tone shot (360* version) made me like the Steyr pistol a lot more than when I had seen the original M series. That finish kind of reminds me of a 2-tone H&K P7 pistol.

I agree. Even after I get my Tennifer coated M40-A1 (should be here within a week or so ;) FINALLY!!!) I'd buy another with that finish. Just plain beautiful.

5. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Cold* :)

Good to hear it, Bro. :) There are always work arounds for those who wanna go the extra mile. :twisted: Mumz the word. It occurs to me, finally, we gonna get a range report from MD! :shock: Bout da*n time, too. :twisted: Hava good one. :)

Wulf

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I'll second that! :)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Stainless Slide

Definitely looks sharp - actually the picture looked more like electroless nickel than stainless. Maybe the light.

8. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Never seen a factory one before. Looks infinitely better than the hard chromed ones I've seen on the forum (no offense anyone :)). I'm not sure I dig the stainless mag release and takedown lever - perhaps a little too bling bling for me. I wonder when we'll be seeing them...

9. tglahn17

tglahn17 Member

I'm with corax. It looks nickel plated to me. If this were available, I'd break my one-caliber/one-gun rule in a second. I really like the nickel on the takedown lever, mag release, and slide stop. Later,

10. smores

smores Guest

Ok, maybe it is nickel... which is even better than stainless ;)

Come on Steyr.... you know you need to bring these to the U.S...

11. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

the finish almost looks TOO perfect.

like they airbrushed it.

as any hot model gets!!!

if they really look like that in the flesh... holy crap!!! steyr could sell those as heirloom collector weapons!!!

12. smores

smores Guest

I'd buy 2 :twisted: